We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm looking for the BEST Boston Cream Pie!

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern California
Level Contributor
136 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
I'm looking for the BEST Boston Cream Pie!

We will be in Boston next week and are on a quest for the best cream pie in town. Where would you recommend?

Would love custard over cream filling!

Thanks!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm looking for the BEST Boston Cream Pie!

The locals will hopefully advise but for me it's gotta be the Omni Parker House, since that's where it was invented. And the whole ambience, history and character of eating it in the Last Hurrah or Parkers simply adds to the experience.

enjoy!!!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,391 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm looking for the BEST Boston Cream Pie!

I never knew Boston Cream pie came with anything except the yellow custard filling, in spite of the name.

Cafe Vanille on Charles Street sells mini individual sized ones that look really good. I have never tasted it because I am usually there at breakfast time.

I am a fan of the one sold by Torretta' s Bakery, right across the street from the Beachmont stop on the subway's blue line, but they do not sell it by the slice. They may also sell minis, but I am not 100% sure.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm looking for the BEST Boston Cream Pie!

Flour Bakery has my favorite. It has the most luscious chocolate ganache covering with the cake and filling light and not too sweet. The call it Boston Cream Pie Cake and you can buy it by the slice or order it any size you want for a special occasion.

http://www.flourbakery.com/

Flour has four locations around town.

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm looking for the BEST Boston Cream Pie!

It isn't something we particularly eat anymore than any other dessert. If you see it on a menu it is a clear sign that the restaurant gets a lot of tourists. That being said when we celebrated my mother's 90th birthday at the Parker House we all ordered the Boston Creme Pie.

Northern California
Level Contributor
136 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm looking for the BEST Boston Cream Pie!

Thanks everyone. My mother made a wonderful pie that I unfortunately haven't been able to replicate. I live on the west coast and the few times I've found it, it has been made with a whipped cream filling and did not have the luscious ganache and the cake has been dry. I am looking forward to trying your suggestions. Thanks!

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm looking for the BEST Boston Cream Pie!

IMO, you can make the BEST Boston Cream Pie. Go to the Parker House for the *original* one. Likewise, Parker House rolls. Also, while there listen for the names of historic people who have passed through the place. And it's pretty convenient to everywhere in town. But I understand a quest. (Mine is fresh, warm, steaming sourdough in San Francisco.)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omni_Parker_House

[I have no connection with the Parker House.]

@Fifi58, I overwrote you, and take your point w/r/t homemade.

Edited: 25 May 2014, 21:14
7. Re: I'm looking for the BEST Boston Cream Pie!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 06:15