We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendation for lunch Quincey market

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nys
Level Contributor
197 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendation for lunch Quincey market

Hello,

Can anyone please recommend a restaurant in Quincy market area for lunch this Friday? We are looking for a sit down restaurant with service, not a food stall. It does not need to be fancy as we will be on a class field trip (party of 4 for lunch). Sorry I spelled Quincy wrong and I am not able to fix it.

Edited: 27 May 2014, 20:14
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendation for lunch Quincey market

Your class field trip is a party of 4?

Boston
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendation for lunch Quincey market

There are a lot of restaurants in that area. One that comes to mind is The Salty Dog. I've eaten there at least a couple of times. I didn't expect much because it is such a touristy area, but the food was actually pretty good, better than expected. I'm sure others will have more suggestions, too.

Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendation for lunch Quincey market

Durgin Park or Ned Devine's would be fine. Ned Devine's also has seating upstairs and outside.

www.arkrestaurants.com/durgin_park.html

www.neddevinesboston.com/

nys
Level Contributor
197 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendation for lunch Quincey market

Thank you for the recommendations.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recommendation for lunch Quincey market

I second The Salty Dog. It's quite good considering it's location. If you like Tex Mex food, the restaurant Zuma is also decent. It's on the lower level of the North Market Building:

http://www.zumatexmexgrill.com/index.html

Durgin Park is a lot of fun, and it's Boston through and through. Any one of those choices would suit you well.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,132 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant recommendation for lunch Quincey market

There's a McCormick and Schmick's there that's good.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant recommendation for lunch Quincey market

Durgin Park is an icon. Their Indian Pudding is legendary. (Well, you just about can't get it anywhere else anymore.) Mention to any older person who has been to Boston that you ate at Durgin Park, and you'll likely get a knowing nod. "Older" because it's not hip - think uber traditional food - and many hip places have opened (come and gone) since it became an icon ages ago. All this said is not to criticize the other suggestions here. ...But have the Indian Pudding with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

8. Re: Restaurant recommendation for lunch Quincey market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 05:17