We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Symphony Hall

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Boston Symphony Hall

Hi all,

I have a ticket to see John Williams at Boston Symphony Hall next week. I have a front row table seat (A3), however on reflection I am a bit worried about the neck-cramming that might be required (the seat was slightly discounted). Can anyone confirm what sitting here is like?

Thanks

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,930 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston Symphony Hall

You are seeing John Williams with the Boston POPS, I imagine? He's doing a guest spot? That should be really a great show.

If you are truly in the front row, you will be looking up at the stage somewhat. You may need to crane your neck a bit, I suppose. The stage is about 6 feet off of the floor at that point. I don't think it's the worst thing in the world. Personally, I prefer sitting a few rows farther back. However, I wouldn't give up your table for seats in the balcony or in the back of the orchestra. You will enjoy the concert from your seats.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,985 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston Symphony Hall

There is not a lot to see. Look up at the end of a "set" when the conductor turns to the audience ... the rest of the time, just enjoy the music.

3. Re: Boston Symphony Hall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 07:15