We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations last week in July

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
LaSalle, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodations last week in July

The wife and I are coming for the last week in July and I am trying to figure out if it is better to look outside of Boston and take the train or take my chances with hotwire and get something downtown. I'm not cheap but 500 bucks a night is a stretch. I don't mind taking the train but the cost and the time lost in transit might kill any savings in time and money for us. Hotwire did offer a nice hotel in the theatre district but no pool and knowing the heat and humidity we will run into the wife wants a pool to relax in after a long day of walking. We did get another hit in the Logan airport area and was wondering how long it would take to get from there to downtown. Looks like the BL or SL1

We are going to do the hop on hop off, duck and Segway tours and then shopping of course. The wife is looking for crafting supplies if anyone knows an area for that kind of thing

Thanks

Paul&Deb

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodations last week in July

I just did a quick check. The Midtown Hotel has rooms available that last week in July, a room with one Queen bed is $188.00/night with a AAA discount, or $209 without. What is your nightly budget? You certainly don't need to spend anywhere near $500/night for a room downtown. I don't think they have a pool, but you may need to sacrifice something. The hotels with pools are running anywhere from $290-$399 per night.

http://www.midtownhotel.com/

2. Re: Accomodations last week in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 20:31
North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,491 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodations last week in July

The Midtown Hotel has a pool so maybe that would work well for you. It is a lower budget hotel so be sure to read to read recent reviews so that you have reasonable expectations.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,391 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodations last week in July

Yikes! Auto correct destroyed post #2. Let me try again:

There are several ways to get down town from the airport. Let's figure out where you are going first.

If budget allows, it is best to stay in the heart of the city. End of July is not particularly pricey because there are rarely special events and business travel is down . There is no need to spend $500per night unless you want to.

Using an arrival of Jul 26 and departure of Aug 2 for two people, I see a few options on http://www.lastminutetravel.com These hotels have a status of 'available' as opposed to 'on request' which can be a long shot

4* downtown hotel for $212 is the Revere. Good-sized rooms with balconies

3.5* Back Bay hotel for $141 is the Park Plaza. Some of their rooms are tiny

3.5 * downtown hotel for $163 is the Doubletree on Washington street

There are a few others, but they have changed the photos and I cannot ID them with any level of confidence.

I would choose the Revere over the midtown unless and outdoor pool is very important to you

Happy Planning!

Edited: 08 June 2014, 20:31
Boston...
Level Contributor
7,035 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodations last week in July

The pool at the Revere is indoors but is open to an outside rooftop deck. I'd take that.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,491 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodations last week in July

I'd grab the Revere, too!

7. Re: Accomodations last week in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 06:16