We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Boston

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
gibraltar
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Boston

I have been looking at hotels in Boston for the end of July, but I am not sure whether to stay in the Centre of Boston or the Back Bay area as I don't know the distances. Which area would you recommend? We have never been to Boston before and will spend 4 days on holiday there.

I am looking at the Lenox in Back Bay and at the Millennium Bostonian, as I don't know how far places are I cannot book anything. Suggestions please?

Thanks

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,481 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Boston

The Mellenium is about 10 minutes by taxi from the Lenox. Both are well located.

gibraltar
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Boston

Thanks but could you tell me of where its best to stay for seeing Boston? Which area is the best?

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Boston

Boston is tiny. Both of these areas are central. You can easily walk from one to the other if you are reasonably fit. The Millennium is steps to Fanueil Hall, Quincy Market, stops on the Freedom Trail and the North End. The Lenox in Back Bay is steps to Newbury St. shopping, Boston Public Library, South End and Prudential Center. The T has stops near both hotels that will whisk you anywhere else that you need to go. So, it all really depends on your own preferences. If historical sightseeing is your reason for visiting Boston, I might pick the Millennium. If you'd like to be closer to serious shopping, I might pick the Lenox.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Boston

Good explanation from BooKat. Both locations are just fine. You will be surprised at how compact Boston is and how easy it is to get around by subway and foot.

Sudbury...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Boston

Agree with prior responses so I would go with the better deal.

Personally I might go with the Millenium as we are not big shoppers so being closer to the Back Bay malls and shopping streets would not matter to us. Millenium is close to north end (little Italy) and the Seaport which has a bunch of great eating and drinking spots with great views.

Easy taxi or subway ride out to the shopping areas And Museums that are out past the Back bay and Fenway areas.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Boston

I would go with the Millenium.

This is easily the most frequently asked question in this forum, and it's the reason people hang out here, because we never tire of discussing the topic. :-)

I personally recommend staying in what I consider to be "downtown" Boston (the "Centre" as you refer to it) as opposed to the Back Bay, but many people prefer the Back Bay. I think if I could live anywhere in Boston it would probably be the Back Bay, but if I am just visiting for a few days, I would prefer to be downtown.

gibraltar
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Boston

Great, thanks a million. Then I will stay downtown, is the millennium a good hotel? Or would you recommend another one?

8. Re: Where to stay in Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 06:17