We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Sox gear

Omaha
1 post
Save Topic
Red Sox gear

We are making our first trip to Boston in a week. (Staying 4 days 3 nights) We are looking to find a variety of fairly inexpensive Red Sox gear that we can't find back home and won't cost an arm and leg. Any suggestions?? We are staying at the Marriott courtyard by Boston common park. Also been using some apps to see how to get around, it seems like walking is quicker way to do it? Or should we by a pass for the subway?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Sox gear

You can find Red Sox gear everywhere. There are street vendors that sell it. There's a Marshall's near Fenway Park that has lots of it. Not sure if the other Marshall's have it too but worth checking. Fenway and the streets nearby have lots of Red Sox stuff.

Whether you want to purchase a subway pass depends on how often you plan to use it. If you are walkers, then you may want to use the subway only rarely, in which case, you could put a few dollars on a ticket and use that rarely. The unlimited ride passes are nice because you can hop on and off all day and not worry about running out of money.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,505 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Sox gear

You should be able to find Red Sox gear in the big discount stores such as Marshall's and TJ Maxx. There are souvenir shops around Fenway, but, of course, these will be pricier. Boston is very walkable, but the subway comes in handy for longer treks or if you're tired or if it's raining. You don't necessarily need to buy a pass. If you like to walk and think you will get around mostly that way, just pay as you go.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Sox gear

Depending on how particular you are, you can find Red Sox gear nearly everywhere. I typically buy at Marshall's, Target, TJMaxx or the grocery store (Shaw's or Stop & Shop). All will have hats & shirts for under $20 each.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,183 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Sox gear

I have purchased Red Sox gear at Walmart also.

Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Sox gear

Another vote for Marshalls and TJ Maxx.

I'm racking my brain but can't remember if the street vendors have Red Sox gear or just Boston gear by Long Wharf/Aquarium and by Haymarket on Congress St. I know their Boston stuff is usually about $8 per shirt but can't remember everything they sell.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,505 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Red Sox gear

People mention Walmart, but I don't know why since there are none in town. There aren't even many close to town. TJ Maxx and Marshall's at Downtown Crossing and in Back Bay.

7. Re: Red Sox gear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 06:16