We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping Options

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
588 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping Options

Hi I am going to be in Boston on this Sunday (June 22). Landing at 3 in the noon. Expect to be out and ready to roll by 5 pm (Post customs / hotel check-in etc). What would be my best bet for shopping? I am going to be stay at Langham (Franklin Street).

I am looking to buy clothes and other stuff for my 2 year old daughter and some clothes and accessories for wife and me. Not looking at high-end stuff since you get most of them in Mumbai as well. Instead looking for some value buys.

Any help on this would be wonderful!

Quincy Market
Flea & Street Markets
Haymarket
Flea & Street Markets
Faneuil Hall Marketplace
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Shopping Malls
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping Options

Marshalls on Boylston St.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping Options

Two discount chains have stores in Downtown Crossing and/or Back Bay -- Marshall's and TJ Maxx. There is also a Macy's and H&M at Downtown Crossing.There's a Lord & Taylor at the Prudential Center.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
588 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping Options

Thanks your prompt replies folks!

Are there any good malls around Langham? I don't mind traveling a bit either.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,445 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping Options

Most stores close early on Sunday, not sure if you plan to shop that day.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
588 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping Options

Oops! I was indeed planning to shop that day! What time do these stores close?

Boston...
Level Contributor
938 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping Options

I guess, Cambridge side Galleria mall is open till 7PM on Sunday.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping Options

Nordstrom's Rack on Boylston, across from Marshalls.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,643 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping Options

Most stores close around 6:00 or 7:00 on Sunday.

South Bay shopping center, on the edge of the city, has a Target that is open until 10:00 p.m. on Sundays, and a TJ Maxx and a Marshalls, both open until 8:00 p.m. on Sundays. I think that would be your best bet if Sunday evening is your only shopping time. Target has inexpensive clothing for kids and adults as well as lots of other things: home items, food, etc. You can take a taxi here from your hotel. I'm not sure if it would be easy to get a taxi back, so perhaps book your return in advance with the taxi company. The area near the shopping center can be a bit dicey, especially at night, so I would not attempt to walk from there, especially with a lot of purchases. (The shopping center is OK, however).

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
588 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping Options

Thanks! That is very useful.

The other alternative I was thinking of was Macys, TJ Maxx and H&M - all on Washington Street (Macys is open till 9 PM - other until 8). They are quite close to the hotel. Do you think I can find a cab at around 9-9.30 PM from there back to the hotel?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping Options

No malls but Downtown Crossing is only a 5 or 10 minute walk up Franklin Street. That's the old shopping area in Downtown. There you'll find H&M, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Macy's DSW Shoes. Sunday night they close early so don't dawdle. It's too close for a taxi but you can walk easily enough.

Edited: 19 June 2014, 18:15