We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston hotels

Plattsburgh, New...
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Boston hotels

We will be flying into Boston in September for a wedding in Sandwich. We want to spend one day in Boston so need a hotel in the city or close to the city. I know they are very expensive in the city and wandered about surrounding area. Not too concerned about the night we fly in but want something easy for staying or getting to Boston the next day

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,036 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston hotels

What is your maximum budget and exact date? Is it just two of you or a larger family?

Prices fluctuate tremendously (even from one day to the next). It's hard to make recommendations without knowing what you are willing to spend.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston hotels

Here is a great web site for locating and comparing Boston hotels. Maybe it will help.

hotelguides.com/massachusetts/map-boston-ma-…

Boston...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston hotels

Cambridge is always a great alternative to Boston. Just across the river and easy access to Boston. Anything from the Charles Hotel to a few Marriotts to a Hampton Inn. Depending on your budget is what would help on making a recommendation. Remember that September/October are the busiest months in the hotels.

Edited: 28 June 2014, 04:27
Plattsburgh, New...
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston hotels

It's not the price of the hotel room that is so bad, it's adding the parking and wi fi that is making it just about impossible to stay under our original budget of $250 so we are upping it to under $300. My husband and I are driving from NY and my sister and her husband are flying in from Utah. They are supposed to arrive at 5:00PM but you know how flights can get delayed so now we are thinking of staying near the airport. If we do, and they do arrive on time, how hard is it to drive in from the airport area to the North End?

Boston
Level Contributor
6,707 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston hotels

It's easy to drive to the North End. You just go through the tunnel and you are there. You will have to pay to park. There are lots and garages along Atlantic Ave/Commercial St. If you are close to a Blue Line stop in East Boston it is very easy to just take the subway to Aquarium Station where you can walk over to the North End.

Plattsburgh, New...
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston hotels

Hyatt and Hilton at airport seem okay. So hard to know because I think a hotel looks good and then read a terrible review. Any problems with public transportation into Boston City Center?

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boston hotels

Don't pick up your car until you are ready to leave for Sandwich. Fly in, take a cab to your hotel. The next day, get a rental car near your hotel and go to the Cape. I suppose you could stay at the airport, it is close to downtown and you can use subway, cab or Silverline bus to get there quickly. .Still, staying in town would be nicer and there are care rental places all over Boston.

8. Re: Boston hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 06:16