We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeing a game at Fenway: best area to sleep outside downtown

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
montreal, canada
Level Contributor
317 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Seeing a game at Fenway: best area to sleep outside downtown

Going to see the Red Sox play this Tuesday, but would rather avoid the pricey downtown hotel and parking rates.

Which are the best areas in close proximity to Fenway park by public transit that would have the most hotel chains with free parking?

Thanks in advance!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeing a game at Fenway: best area to sleep outside downtown

Waltham has a lot of chain hotels right off Rt. 128 with free parking: Hilton Garden Inn; Best Western; Embassy Suites. You could drive to the Riverside Station of the Green Line subway & take it to Fenway Park. You would need to pay for parking at Riverside, but no where near what you would pay to park at Fenway. Also, the Hilton Garden Inn offers "local area transportation" so it might be worth asking if that includes Riverside.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeing a game at Fenway: best area to sleep outside downtown

Look in Woburn.

montreal, canada
Level Contributor
317 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeing a game at Fenway: best area to sleep outside downtown

Thanks guys.. I'm reconsidering. Woburn seems a bit far out.

I'm looking at the prices and you can get some good deals at the airport with free parking. Also found a few in the North End and south boston.

What are your thoughts on these locations instead of those mentioned above?

Boston
Level Contributor
6,434 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeing a game at Fenway: best area to sleep outside downtown

You found free parking in the North End? I think you must be mistaken.

montreal, canada
Level Contributor
317 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeing a game at Fenway: best area to sleep outside downtown

sigh, yes I am mistaken. :(

Is south Boston a better spot than Woburn? I think it's an hour walk to fenway.. not so bad.. is it a nice walk? Better to take the T?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seeing a game at Fenway: best area to sleep outside downtown

Depends on where in South Boston, and you could probably take public transportation rather than walking. The MBTA (the transit system) has a route planner and you can also do the same using google maps, just put in the 2 addresses and then click on the icon with the bus.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seeing a game at Fenway: best area to sleep outside downtown

Could you be specific about what you see available in South Boston? There are a couple of budget hotels I would not stay in. Boston is very small so when you say "outside of downtown" I think in the suburbs.

Boston
Level Contributor
627 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seeing a game at Fenway: best area to sleep outside downtown

In general easiest access to Fenway if not in town is from the west

Brookline would be a very nice choice but cheap hotels may be no easier to find than boston

In Boston back bay would be best, but south end or just over the Charles in Cambridge could be cheaper

Further west unsure the rates but the hotel indigo is in

Newton and is right at the riverside t station (literally 50 feet away) so would be very easy to public transit back and forth from Fenway and would has free parking I am sure for guests

Still would prefer a walkable distance though

South boston is a little too far to walk to Fenway

Not unsafe but a far walk

9. Re: Seeing a game at Fenway: best area to sleep outside downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 13:35
Boston...
Level Contributor
7,172 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Seeing a game at Fenway: best area to sleep outside downtown

Look at the Hamoton Inn Cambridge or the Best western University in Brighton. Both are near the Green Line which takes you to Fenway.