We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top of The Hub - window Seat

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
Level Contributor
213 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Top of The Hub - window Seat

In Boston for 3 nights in August and really can't decide on if I should book the Top of the Hub for dinner on one of the nights. Seems to be mixed reviews on the food but would love the experience to sit by the window and watch the city light up. What are the chances of getting a table by the window if I make a reservation as soon as I can (I tried with Top Table today but it came up as being too far in advance). If we we weren't lucky enough to get a window table and the weather turned out to be poor, obscuring the view etc, would it really be worth the money??

Any thought or advice welcome.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top of The Hub - window Seat

People seem to think they have to bash the food up there because it's the thing to do for a "emphasizes the view" restaurant, but the food is really pretty good. You do pay extra for the view. I'm not sure about how you can get a window seat. I would call them directly and ask. Even if you aren't right next to the window you get a view because of the floor to ceiling windows.You could always make a reservation and if the weather is bad cancel.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
213 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top of The Hub - window Seat

Thanks for the advice. I had thought about cancelling if the weather was bad but wasn't sure if you had to pay a deposit up front when the reservation was made which would be non-refundable should we decide to cancel. Don't suppose you know if this is the case?

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,637 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top of The Hub - window Seat

You should call for a reservation, or email the restaurant directly, and request a window table. As for online booking, OpenTable is the most popular here.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,192 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top of The Hub - window Seat

You can go for just a drink without a reservation.

MA
Level Contributor
163 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top of The Hub - window Seat

I've been to the TOTH and thought the food was very good and we had a killer view of the sun setting over the Charles River. We did have a window table but I believe every table has a great view (not so from the bar). Our problem was when the sun started to set & a group of about 10 people moved in front of us. Very disappointing when management did nothing.

We did not have to put down any deposit when we reserved. If this policy hasn't changed, just cancel if weather is bad.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
213 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top of The Hub - window Seat

Thanks - I think I will book and then cancel if tthe weather isn't great. Do you advise booking direct with the restaurant or through Top Table?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
213 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top of The Hub - window Seat

Sorry, also forgot to ask what will be the best time to book the table for seeing the view in day light and as the sun goes down? We will be in Boston 21st - 23rd August.

Thanks again

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top of The Hub - window Seat

Another option is the lounge but if you book a restaurant table and request a window then you will have more chances of a window seat. The lounge is different than the bar. The bar offers no view. The lounge has the view and live jazz every night. You cannot make a reservation for the lounge, you have to wait in long line to be seated. There is a minimum per person that you must spend in the lounge.

I agree with Cabinet, the food is good and drinks are very expensive but you are paying for the view.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top of The Hub - window Seat

Sunset in Boston around the time of your visit in later August should be around 7:30 - 7:45 PM.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,112 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Top of The Hub - window Seat

For anyone else who wants to know the time of sunsets check www.sunrisesunset.com.

I'd make a reservation as soon as they accept them and make your request. I assume most people want a table by the window.