We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying with Aer Lingus

Wales
Level Contributor
10 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Flying with Aer Lingus

Flying to Boston from Dublin via Cardiff - Has anyone had any hassle with baggage allowance and do you need to print your check in tickets

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying with Aer Lingus

Ive flown to boston many times from dublin with aerlingus...ive never had any hassle regarding baggage allowance but I dont think I was ever over the limit..aerlingus is no different than all other major airlines are with regards to baggage allowance these days ..as long as you are within the limits you will be fine. Cant remember about the checkin tickets...most airlines are ticketless now..so I assume that airlingus are also the same.

Major benefit with flying out of dublin is that you clear US immigration this side of the pond...makes it alot quicker when u get to Boston

Wales
Level Contributor
10 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying with Aer Lingus

I thought that but when I booked they had this book your bag stuff but when I went to it - they said something about contacting them but when I did I got no reply !!

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying with Aer Lingus

Without checkin...I think thats only if you need to book additional bags

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,297 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying with Aer Lingus

Never had an issue with bags; if i recall correctly, you get one carry-on bag, plus a personal item like a purse and can check one bag for free. there are dimension and weight rules that i am sure you can find on the website. I always print out a copy of my ticket confirmationand take it with me. Not sure i need it, but it makes me feel better!

Wales
Level Contributor
10 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying with Aer Lingus

thanks

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,445 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying with Aer Lingus

A reassuring ditto to all the above: aerlingus.com/travelinformation/…

And by the way, you'll love US immigration and customs pre-clearance in Dublin.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying with Aer Lingus

Also post in the Air Travel forum, you may get more answers there...

8. Re: Flying with Aer Lingus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 22:15