We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fenway Park: Must see or do when there for a game?

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
12 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Fenway Park: Must see or do when there for a game?

I am already going on the ballpark tour and have a ticket. What things should I definitely check out while there? Any food or drink items that I should definitely partake of? Thanks for any advice!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fenway Park: Must see or do when there for a game?

There's a great little restaurant/pub on Lansdowne St called the Bleacher Bar. It's literally right behind the center field wall at Fenway, and they have a large rollup door that lets you look out onto the field while you eat (it's closed during games obviously). Here's a pic that I took in 2012 that shows the view from the restaurant:

https:/…308937_4025286544764_1193558307_n.jpg

If you are there on a game day, just wander around and soak it all in. It's a great experience for any baseball fan.

-JimG

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,488 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fenway Park: Must see or do when there for a game?

By any chance are you on a baseball park tour? I see that you are also going to Yankee Stadium, Citi Field and Citizen's Bank Park.

Winterport, Maine
Level Contributor
240 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fenway Park: Must see or do when there for a game?

I love the atmosphere pre-game. I've been already this season and it's great. I'd arrive 2 hours prior and wander the shops. It's also a great time once inside to walk around the whole stadium and see what the views are like from dif sections. You won't be able to get to the bleachers or Monster seats, but everything else. You may catch the end of batting practice too.

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
12 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fenway Park: Must see or do when there for a game?

Yes, it's with Triple Crown Tours.

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fenway Park: Must see or do when there for a game?

There's a Tasty Burger inside the park now!

The beer options are pretty terrible. Best you will get inside is Sam.

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fenway Park: Must see or do when there for a game?

"You won't be able to get to the bleachers "

That has not been true for the past 10 years or longer as they are definitely accessible from anywhere in the park. The dividing chain link fence was removed when they did the Grand Concourse in Right Field.

I would enter via Yawkey Way and walk around there as its like a street fair. Then go into the park and you should be able to see the visiting team's Batting Practice and enjoy the park. Food / drink options in the park are not very good as others have said but that is secondary to me for enjoying the park.

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fenway Park: Must see or do when there for a game?

I never buy a thing in Fenway. They just rip you off. $9.50 for a beer, $4.25 for water. They can keep it. You are allowed one unopened bottle of water in the park.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fenway Park: Must see or do when there for a game?

Msia52: We were there last night and the new price for a large water bottle was $6.25. Unbelieveable! We bought the same bottle at 7-11 before going into the park. They were selling them at 2/$3.00.

On the plus side, Mike Carp helped them walk off with a win in the 10th. :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
468 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fenway Park: Must see or do when there for a game?

As the price of water is so high, how big is the largest-sized bottle you are allowed? Don't mind so much paying for other drinks and food but I begrudge a high price for water.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fenway Park: Must see or do when there for a game?

Bring a small bottle of water, and refill it at the water fountains. This is not a third world country; tap water is safe to drink.