We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston hotels

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
58 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Boston hotels

Hi all! My husband has a conference in Boston in October and my 5 month old and I will be tagging along to make a little getaway out of it.

We can get conference rates at the following hotels:

Westin Boston Waterfront - Headquarter Hotel

Courtyard Boston Downtown/Tremont

Fairmont Copley Plaza

Four Seasons Hotel Boston

InterContinental Boston

Marriott Boston Copley Place

Renaissance Boston Waterfront

Seaport Boston Hotel

Any input on these hotel would be great re: convenience to tourist sites. He is at the conference for two days and then we will have 3 days of sightseeing before we fly home (10/20-26). If none of these hotels are convenient, I would not be opposed to switching hotels after the conference is over. Family oriented hotels are preferable over business oriented. Thanks so much!

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,900 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston hotels

Even with your conference rates, there must be a huge price difference between hotels on this list.

If you can swing it, the Four Seasons would be a perfect choice. :-)

For a hotel that will probably be lower priced, but still reasonably nice and in a convenient area for touring, Marriott Copley Place would be a good choice. It will be a longer commute to the conference though.

Fairmont Copley Plaza is also a fine choice. It will probably end up in the middle price point of these three.

A number of the hotels near the conference (e.g. Westin Waterfront, Seaport, Renaissance, etc) are not as convenient and central for exploring Boston neighborhoods. They are a bit removed.

Courtyard is a very budget hotel in an area that is reasonably convenient but not terribly charming.

Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston hotels

That is a great list to have to choose from, several good locations and good hotels on it. I would choose the Four Seasons if I were you.

I haven't stayed there but it is a premier hotel and the location is great, especially since it is right across from the Public Garden and you will enjoy walking thru the area with a stroller. It is central to Back Bay and all the main areas you'll be visiting.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,234 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston hotels

All valid points that the others have posted ... Since I prefer older buildings, I would choose the Copley Plaza. It is near shopping and restaurants and the Commonwealth Mall (park) is only a couple of blocks away. The streets in the back bay (comm ave and Marlborough especially) have lots of trees and if you are lucky, they will be showing their fall colors.

Edited: 09 July 2014, 17:56
Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston hotels

looking at this list strictly as a tourist, I'd go with the Four Seasons, the Copley Plaza, or the Marriott Copley Place, in that order. Those have the most charm and/or the best location for tourists.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,166 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston hotels

The Four Seasons would work right near the Boston Public Garden where. you can ride the Swan Boats and my next choice would be the Copley Marriott plenty of places nearby restaurants and shopping and not far from Newbury Street.

6. Re: Boston hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:16