We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me finalize my trip - Hotel & top to do

Yorba Linda...
Level Contributor
103 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Please help me finalize my trip - Hotel & top to do

Hi,

Can't decide where to stay. We have 2 adults and 3 kids so it's hard to find accomidations that fit/work. I want a great location and a room that works and doesn't feel like we are on top of each other, be it don't plan on being in the room much, but still.

Here is what i have narrowed down to, what should i pick

- Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf

- Residence Inn Boston Downtown/Seaport

- The Westin Copley Place, Boston

- W (but would have to get two rooms)

open to suggestions if anyone has any other suggestions?

Location and a nice hotel are key to me. We don't travel much so this is our big trip and I want to make it a great one.

Our goal is to squeeze in as much as we possibly can in the 3 days we are in Boston

That being said, what are the must do things while in Boston? Also, are there any restaurants that are must try places? Would really like to get a great immersion of Boston while there.

Thanks so much, i love this board!

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Please help me finalize my trip - Hotel & top to do

Bidder,

How old are your children?

I agree with the earlier poster, JFK Library is great, but a bit off the beaten track. Certainly of interest to adults, maybe not so much to children, maybe to late teens if they are interested in history.

You may want to visit the Harbor Islands. I recommend Spectacle and George's Island. Spectacle has an interesting history. In short it used to be the city's dump. When we built the expressway thru town underground (aka, "The Big Dig"), all the dirt and rubble had to go somewhere. The island has now recovered and there are numerous path over the 2 150ft+/- hills. Great views of the harbor and city. A small beach, marina and snack bar. This would be a great first stop for a small picnic. Pick up some muffins and such for breakfast in the North End or Quincy Market before boarding.

THen over to George's Island for a tour of Ft. Warren. It's a large and very complete fort, lots of huge, underground space that the kids would love. Lots of picnic tables. On the opposite side of the Fort and dock are some very nice grassy hills that over look "The Narrows" which is one of the main channels into the harbor. Great spot for a picnic or just relaxing.

If you get one of those hot, humid days, it's it the best escape from the city heat. If you go, it will easily be a 4-6 hr activity.

Yorba Linda...
Level Contributor
103 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Please help me finalize my trip - Hotel & top to do

Thank you so much, i love all the info, this is absolutely fabulous! However, I am now thinking I do not have enough time in Boston, i am going to try to extend at least a day...sounds like a fabulous city with so much to see and do.

the kids are 4, 11, 13. However, they LOVE History, exploring, trying new things, eating at amazing restaurants, etc. so i don't want to cater around this being kid activities because they go with the flow adventurous kids. That being said, I love the thought of Ft. Warren. actually, i love all the advise in all postings.

trying to keep the trip to doing things that we can't do elsewhere and have it be all about Boston. exploring, site seeing, food, etc. Trying to get the full history/Boston experience.

thanks again and keep them coming!

Yorba Linda...
Level Contributor
103 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Please help me finalize my trip - Hotel & top to do

Can we walk everywhere we need to go or easily get public transportation at the Residence Inn Seaport? Staying in a location where we can walk. everywhere is key. I can't figure out how easy it is to get to places from both of the residence inns that i have mentioned. in some of the reviews people state that they are not that convenient.

14. Re: Please help me finalize my trip - Hotel & top to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:16