We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Time to go Whale Watching?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Time to go Whale Watching?

My family and I are planning on going on the whale watching tour at the end of August, but as this is ourr first time we do not know what time would be the most successful. Either 9am, 10am, 12pm or 1:30pm is being offered.

Thanks!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,418 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Time to go Whale Watching?

Go when it's most convenient for you. The whales won't care.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,223 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Time to go Whale Watching?

Also when the weather is best. It can be cold and windy out on the water.

North Andover...
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Time to go Whale Watching?

I have always had good luck on the earliest trips..but I doubt time of day really makes a lot of difference. Ironically...weather does make a bit of a difference. You definitely see many more whales when the sea is churning..but it doesn't make for such a great boat ride especially if you tend towards sea sickness.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Time to go Whale Watching?

The earlier the better.

5. Re: Best Time to go Whale Watching?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:16