We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tours

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Topic
tours

sorry forgot to ask..but which of the hop on tours is recommended? One includes a boat cruise, is that worthwhile?

Liberty Fleet of Tall Ships
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Old Town Trolley Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours
Tuckamore Aviation
City Tours, Helicopter Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours
Boston Walking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Food Tours, City Tours
Boston
Level Contributor
6,990 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tours

I think they all go to more or less the same places. The thing that might differentiate them from on another, is the amount of trolleys they run which would decrease your wait times. I don't know for sure who has the most trolleys, but it seems like there are a lot of Old Town Trolleys. Maybe someone knows for sure.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,411 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: tours

Old Town is the largest.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tours

Out of curiosity, I've done the Beantown Trolley and the Old Town Trolley tours, each of them some years ago and again this past winter.

The OTT guides were superior both times to the Beantown guides; more informative (and accurate) & more engaging, less lame jokes. Based on their relative standing here on TA, it seems others share my opinion that OTT is the better choice:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60745-d65…

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60745-d73…

Mentioned in this post
Beantown Trolley
Beantown Trolley
393 Reviews
Boston, MA
Old Town Trolley Tours
Old Town Trolley Tours
3,356 Reviews
Boston, MA
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tours

P.S. Buy your OTT tix online, so you can receive an e-mailed voucher that enables you to hop on at any of their stops & thereby eliminate standing in line to get tix at 1 of their ticketing stops.

The current, standard, online OTT ticket is 2 days for $37 (also includes a Harbor cruise or admission to the Tea Party Museum), $5 less than Beantown's price for a 2-day ticket, and just $2 more than Beantown's 1-day ticket price.

trolleytours.com/boston/rates-and-reservatio…

5. Re: tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:17