We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pubs and local grub

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Topic
pubs and local grub

Father and adult son spending 3 days at the Lenox in Back Bay region? Anyway we would like to hit some neat pubs for a few local drafts and visit some good pubs, bistros..where locals eat local fare..seafood etc. Need not be near hotel but that would be nice. Lots of recommendations on TA rest. section..but would like to hear from somebody first hand

Thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,705 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pubs and local grub

You can check out the Sam Adams brewery in JP ($2 donation) or the Harpoon brewery in Boston. I think the tour is free there. I haven't done it, just had beers in the beer hall which you do pay for. For seafood, I personally like The Summer Shack on Dalton St. They have great fish tacos. You can go to the Pour House for a dive bar. The food is good.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,715 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pubs and local grub

There's actually a pub in your hotel, Sola. The food is pretty good. You should have a meal in the North End (Italian neighborhood) about 100 restaurants to choose from. Hammersley's Bistro in the South End is walkable from your hotel and is an old Boston standby. It's rather nice,but not stuffy. Are you looking for something very casual? There are lots of sports bar-type places around Fenway and the TD Garden. The Fours near TD is quite popular. Boston Beer Works has food that is better than what you would expect in a place like that. I've only eaten at the one near TD on Canal St., but I would assume the one on Brookline Ave. near Fenway is similar.

Edited: 13 August 2014, 17:00
3. Re: pubs and local grub

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 07:16