We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abe & Louie's after Red Sox game. Dress code

CT
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Abe & Louie's after Red Sox game. Dress code

Hi. We are planning to go directly to Abe & Louies after the Red Sox game so we will be in jeans/shorts/t-shirts/sneakers. Do we need to change? We will definately be very casually dressed!

Thanks!

(we do have a reservation)

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,674 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Abe & Louie's after Red Sox game. Dress code

I would.

CT
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abe & Louie's after Red Sox game. Dress code

Ugh. That's what I was afraid of! Thank you!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,965 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abe & Louie's after Red Sox game. Dress code

There are lots of casual places near Fenway where you could wear Red Sox-nation garb and not attract a second glance. I'd either change clothes before Abe and Louies or switch activities around.

Edited: 13 August 2014, 21:19
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,491 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Abe & Louie's after Red Sox game. Dress code

I wouldn't go dressed like that.

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
959 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Abe & Louie's after Red Sox game. Dress code

I would not go dressed like that. The last time I went to Abe and Louie's was on a Saturday night 2 months ago. My husband wore a sports jacket and I wore a nice pair of pants and a dressy top. I could not believe the way that some people were dressed. They looked like total slobs with ripped jeans and dirty sneakers. What ever happened to looking presentable going to a nice restaurant? Especially on a Saturday night!

CT
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Abe & Louie's after Red Sox game. Dress code

Thanks for the replies!

We will definately go change first. I just wanted to make sure that we couldn't go straight from the game dressed in 'game clothes'. Plus, it's a Saturday night too!

I'd love to just go somewhere casual, but my husband wants to go there! Thanks again!

7. Re: Abe & Louie's after Red Sox game. Dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 06:16