We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pic of Tobin Bridge sign?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pic of Tobin Bridge sign?

Ok, this is a strange question... is there a decent spot to snap a pic of the Tobin Bridge sign? (I'm assuming there is a sign somewhere)? Or is it, like, middle of an expressway and just not doable. I'm asking because it's my youngest son's first name (though he goes by Toby usually) and it would just be kind of fun to have a photo of "his" bridge.

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pic of Tobin Bridge sign?

Probably not. Traffic on/around the bridge can get intense as it is a major road in and out of the city. I found this page with a sign: …wordpress.com/2011/…

This is going north just as you come out of the Big Dig. The bridge is the Zakim/Bunker Hill Bridge.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,783 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pic of Tobin Bridge sign?

It depends on what you are looking for. In Charlestown, not far from the Freedom Trail you may be able snap a photo of a sign pointing to the on ramp from Rutherford Ave.

Edited: 22 August 2014, 03:12
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pic of Tobin Bridge sign?

If you want a photo of the bridge itself, rather than a sign, you can take that from Mary O'Malley Park in Chelsea. Put this address into Google maps, "110 Commandants Way, Chelsea, MA 02150" and you can see a beautiful view of the bridge in the street view option.

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pic of Tobin Bridge sign?

Great, thanks - looks like maybe we can get a nice snap of the actual bridge, and a from-inside-the-car shot as we're travelling. Thanks for the address, that's very helpful!

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,523 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pic of Tobin Bridge sign?

If you decide to go to Chelsea to photograph the bridge itself, you can also get a good picture of a sign from a sidewalk rather than via a drive-by. From Commandants Way, take Spruce to a right turn onto Everett Ave. Park on Everett Ave and walk a short distance (on a sidewalk) to the Everett Ave on-ramp to the bridge (which I assume you will want to take back to Boston) to get your special photo.

Edited: 23 August 2014, 03:04
BKK
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pic of Tobin Bridge sign?

I wouldn't think of taking a pic from the car. Driving is definitely hairy approaching the bridge.

7. Re: Pic of Tobin Bridge sign?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:16