We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boston overnight/ afternoon for early flight next day

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
boston overnight/ afternoon for early flight next day

Hi, we are coming up to Boston from New Bedford in January so that we can get a 7am flight. As we are flying to Calgary I'm presuming we need to be there at least 2 hours early _ We thought we would try to get to Boston early afternoon so we have some time to look around . Would love some advice on whether to stay- next to the airport or stay in town and if so what would be the most reliable and stressfree way to get to the airport super early_ thanks, Fiona .

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,831 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: boston overnight/ afternoon for early flight next day

First, I doubt you'll be on a non-stop flight to Calgary, so check where you are stopping, as it may be domestic and 90 minutes ahead will be enough. Secondly, Downtown is just a 15 minute ride to Logan Airport so feel free to stay Downtown and enjoy the evening being in the city. That early in the morning plan on taking a taxi (that's the 15 minute trip I assumed).

Edited: 23 August 2014, 13:00
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boston overnight/ afternoon for early flight next day

Hi, thank you, Our flight stops at Chicago _ is that where we would go through border control? I've been reading up what I can find and it sounds like Boston is nice to walk around - would you say its safe to wander around at night in the central town then? thanks,...

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,781 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: boston overnight/ afternoon for early flight next day

try the Hilton @ Logan airport

halfway between Terminals A & E

you can walk from the hotel to your

check - in via the conferrance floor

For Logan airport Terminal maps

see MASSPORT.COM / Logan airport

use the " Way Finder "

good luck.

Edited: 23 August 2014, 13:19
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,643 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: boston overnight/ afternoon for early flight next day

I'd stay downtown so that you can do some sight seeing. A cab to the airport when you need to leave will be your best bet. Even if your flight stops in another US city first it's still an international flight. When I go to Italy I typically stop in Philly first but we still leave out of terminal E.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,674 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: boston overnight/ afternoon for early flight next day

I think you can stay downtown because at that time of the morning you will be at the airport in no time. I agree it should take only 15 minutes or less. I think if you get there 1.5 hours before you will be OK. Won't you go through border control when you land in Canada? The most reliable, fastest and stress free way to get to the airport is a cab. I would talk to your bell desk the night before to make sure they have a cab ready for you that early in the morning.

6. Re: boston overnight/ afternoon for early flight next day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:17