We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special Occasion - where to eat?

Belfast
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Special Occasion - where to eat?

Hi everyone. We have now booked our hotel for our trip in November (Hilton Back Bay) and have planned some activiites based on the suggestions given on this site. As we're celebrating a special occasion we'd like to book a restaurant - somewhere really nice (but not too snooty please). We have fairly broad taste in food and we're not too worried about cost so we're open to all suggestions.

If anyone can think of anything else we could do - thinking in terms of shows, theatre etc I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanx for all your help so far.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special Occasion - where to eat?

Lots of theater options. What is time frame in November are you visiting? We've gone to Capital Grille and Stella's for special occasions and enjoyed.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special Occasion - where to eat?

To search for theater a good website is:

artsboston.org

Key in the dates you are visiting to see what is playing in and around town.

Belfast
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special Occasion - where to eat?

Thanx for such a quick response folks. We'll be there fom the 14th - 20th November - big day is the 18th

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Special Occasion - where to eat?

Hi,

For "non-snooty", special occasion dining, I'd suggest No 9 Park, or Pigalle, or Via Matta, or Troquet, or Spire. You might also try Top of the Hub. It's at the top of the Prudential and has spectacular views while you dine. I believe that they also have dancing. It's not the finest dining room in the city, but it's good, and combined with the views it might be a nice idea.

Oh, another option would be either Mamma Maria or 5 North Sq. in the North End. Both are high end, impeccable service and food and you'd have a wonderful time at either place.

http://www.mammamaria.com

(I don't know if the other places have websites, but you can google it and see)

Have fun!

Belfast
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Special Occasion - where to eat?

Thanx BeantownMan - lots to choose from here - the problem will be deciding which one as they all look so nice.

Thanx again everyone

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Special Occasion - where to eat?

Also consider Hammersley's Bistro at Clarendon and Tremont Sts. in the South End. Although slightly more formal, Icarus at Appleton and Tremont Sts. is also very good. Top of the Hub has great views but a lot of people consider the food second rate.

Belfast
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Special Occasion - where to eat?

Thanx wbp657 - I've been looking at the web sites for the restaurants mentioned and they all look really nice

8. Re: Special Occasion - where to eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 04:18