We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best restaurants

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
106 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
best restaurants

Hi , I'm looking for restaurants suggestions . We are staying at Copley Square so probably some where in walking distance of there . One of our party doesn't like Chinese food so thats out. I hear Boston is full of great places to eat but there is nothing like a little local knowledge,

Boston...
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best restaurants

I'd head to the North End or South End. The north end is filled with fabulous Italian Eateries (my favorites are Al Dente's and Giacomo's). The South End is filled with upper-end restaurants of varying cuisine. Head down Tremont street and you'll be sure to find something (I recommend getting reservations- most restaurants have websites, so google them for the numbers). Try Aquitaine, Metropolis, Sibling Rivalry, or Tremont 647. If you want to stray off of Tremont Street try The Franklin Cafe, Orinoco, Pho Republique (it's not Chinese, but it is an Asian fusion place), or Union.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
988 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best restaurants

Also in the South End, consider Le Petite Robert Bisto on Columbus Ave., and if you are feeling more upscale Hammersley's Bistro (Clarendon and Tremont) or Icarus (Appleton and Tremont). Also on Tremont near Appleton is Masa, with an interesting sort of Southwestern cuisine. There are many good restaurants in Back Bay too (Boylston and Newbury Sts.) but there are also some overpriced tourist traps. I recommend you try some of the South End restaurants.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
988 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best restaurants

Also in the South End, consider Le Petite Robert Bisto on Columbus Ave., and if you are feeling more upscale Hammersley's Bistro (Clarendon and Tremont) or Icarus (Appleton and Tremont). Also on Tremont near Appleton is Masa, with an interesting sort of Southwestern cuisine. There are many good restaurants in Back Bay too (Boylston and Newbury Sts.) but there are also some overpriced tourist traps. I recommend you try some of the South End restaurants.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,786 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best restaurants

Hi,

Any of the South End restaurants already mentioned would be a good choice.

Back Bay tends to lean heavily towards the touristy, splashy, style over good food, types of places. However, one restaurant I can recommend is Laurel Bar and Grill, which is excellent, and a short walk from your hotel:

http://www.laurelgrillandbar.com

Ireland
Level Contributor
106 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best restaurants

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to trying some of those restaurants. Can't wait!

6. Re: best restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 06:22