We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping Mall

Limerick
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Shopping Mall

We will be in Boston for a long weekend in November, stayinging down around Macy's. Is there a shopping mall that we could get to by the T or bus that has a JC PENNY?

Quincy Market
Flea & Street Markets
Haymarket
Flea & Street Markets
Faneuil Hall Marketplace
Shopping Malls, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,026 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping Mall

Farron,

I'm not aware of any JC Penny stores in the Boston area. The closest ones are outside the city in Peabody (north on Route 128) and Marlborough (west near Route 290), neither of which is accessible by public transportation. Sorry....

Tipperary
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping Mall

How far away from Boston are these places with a JC Penneys? Would it be practical to consider a taxi?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,339 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping Mall

Definitely not worth taking a taxi that distance to a JC Penney. Is there something specific that you are looking for there?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping Mall

I believe there is a JC Penny at the "Natick Collection." The commuter rail goes to Natick but I am not sure what a cab ride would cost from there.

www.natickcollection.com/html/index19.asp

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping Mall

You could take a comuter train from North Station in Boston to Salem, then catch a bus from Salem that serves both the Liberty Tree Mall and North Shore Mall. JC Penney is at the North Shore Mall.

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/lines/?route=NBRYROCK&direction=O&timing=W&RedisplayTime=Redisplay+Time

www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/bus/routes/…

It can be done, but IMO, JC Penney doesn't have anything "unique"... you could find just about the same merchandise in a much more convenient place, like at the Cambridgeside Galleria - 6 stops on the Green Line from Park St. station - probably 15 minutes or so, as opposed to who-knows-how-long to make the other connections.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,777 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping Mall

There's a Macy's right downtown. This would be a good substitute for JC Penney.

england
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping Mall

Like others I'm intrigued as to why JC Penny is such a priority? Is there something really, really specific to JC Penny that you need? Alternatively (due to the apparent lack of an accessible JCP) maybe you'd be better off getting the locals to suggest some excellent and more accessible alternatives? Just a suggestion. Maybe you have your reasons

Tipperary
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping Mall

Thanks for all your comments and advice. I love JCPs for their jewellary, big sizes in clothes. And their good value.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping Mall

For good value then I I would recommend shopping at Filene's Basement and Marshall's on Boylston St.

england
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping Mall

Thanks for the clarification dee - you can't argue with that I suppose