We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurtant Recommendations

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
252 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurtant Recommendations

I've only got three nights of eating and drinking! Last time we were in Boston we went to the Union Oyster House and I think Legal Seafood. I loved both....but what's better? We like seafood and places with a great enviroment (and beers and alcohol) but would also be interested in some "must try" places.

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
28 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurtant Recommendations

just returned from boston (10/23)..ate @ Florentine's in the North End (twice!!) & also "Modern Pastries" per local police officer recommendation. Ate @ Chowda's (in Quincy Market) for lobster (local recommended this vs. eating @ expensive restaurant & they were right!!) Jumbo lobster roll was phenomenal!!! Did eat @ Legal Seafood x 1 @ $65 for lunch...had exact lunch but better @ Chowda's for $32. Friend also recommended Giacomo's in North End but line was very long, Florentine's is a "local hang out", very good..hope this helps!

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,137 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurtant Recommendations

Everybody has their favorite restaurants but here is my list of "must try" places: Regina's on Thatcher Street for pizza (try to get there before peak meal times in order to avoid waiting in line). For Italian food--La Summa on Fleet Street. For a great hamburger--Mr. Bartley's Burger Cottage in Harvard Square (again, a very popular place so plan accordingly if you decide to eat there).

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
252 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurtant Recommendations

Thanks for the recommendations so far. I would like something that I don't eat in Chicago on a regular basis(pizza, burgers, etc.).

Keep 'em coming!!

Thanks

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurtant Recommendations

roxanne, use the search thread in the upper right corner, many cool places that locals have reccommended in different parts of the city. I ahve a list of about 10, that I am trying choose from.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,137 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurtant Recommendations

Do you like Spanish/Basque food? If so, give Iruna a try. It's in Harvard Square and has been in the same location for over 40 years. They have delicious garlic soup!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurtant Recommendations

If you like seafood, you might want to try Kingfish. It's in Faneuil Hall, but isn't your typical Faneuil Hall fare. Great food, interesting flavors, dynamic atmosphere (although it can get a little loud during peak times.)

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurtant Recommendations

Hi Roxanne,

For food you don't eat often in Chicago, I'll hazard a guess with these suggestions:

Addis Red Sea: Tremont St. in the South End. An Ethiopian restaurant, with great food and atmosphere and a lot of fun

http://www.addisredsea.com

Lala Rokh Persian restaurant: Mt. Vernon St. on Beacon Hill. Wonderful restaurant with lovely atmosphere and outstanding Persian cuisine. My favorite dish is the Fessenjen, which is a traditional Persian stew made with chicken, chopped walnuts and pomegranite molasses. YUM...

http://www.lalarokh.com

Durgin Park restaurant in Quincy market. This is a Boston institution like Union Oyster House (but better food, in my opinion). It's been serving at Quincy Market in the same building since the 1850's. Great New England specialities like Clam Chowder, Boiled Dinner, Roast Turkey Dinner, Baked Boston Schrod, fried belly clam platter, and Indian Pudding for dessert. They also have a killer Prime Rib (best in the city, in my opinion):

http://www.durgin-park.com/

The Daily Catch on Hanover St. in the north end. This is a tiny, tiny place, which only serves calamari dishes. Fried, baked/stuffed, in salad, or squid ink pasta Puttanesca. Very good. Go early though, as there is usually a line.

http://www.thedailycatch.com

If that's not what you are looking for, give me a more specific idea and I'll try again.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurtant Recommendations

Try "Great Bay" in Kenmore Square. Fantastic contemporary seafood, very fun, trendy atmosphere. 500 commonwealth Ave. You won't be disappointed.

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurtant Recommendations

Jasper White's Summer Shack on Dalton St. across from the Sheraton Boston has both great seafood and bar in a casual atmosphere.

The Sail Loft on Atlantic Ave. between the North End and Long Wharf is another casual spot for seafood and alcohol.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurtant Recommendations

B & G Oyster on Tremont St in the South End, it's not cheap, but well worth it in my opinion. Beer and Wine only.