We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Marathon info!

NC
Level Contributor
819 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Boston Marathon info!

Hi - My husband is doing Boston next year. We have reservations at the Hilton - Financial District. We've never been and we're excited! Is this a nice hotel? Is it close to the start/finish line? Do you know if there is a hotel shuttle service? Are there any good restaurants around? We'd like some soul-food or some great seafood. Any suggestions would be awesome!

Queensbury, NY
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston Marathon info!

Your're near the finish but about 26 miles from the start. Most runners ride out in school busues that pick up near boston common. Don't know any soul food but for sea food try Legal sea food,(copley mall) no name (southie) king fish (quincy market) or any palce in north end.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,011 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston Marathon info!

The starting line is in Hopkinton, 26 miles to the west of Boston. If you look on a map, it's near I-495 (the outer loop) a little south of the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90). The finish line is in Copley Square, which is about a mile and a half from your hotel. It's a very pleasant walk there. The downtown area is quite compact and easily walkable.

The Hilton Financial District is near the Waterfront in the Downtown Area, pretty close to Fanueil Hall and Quincy Market.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston Marathon info!

You'll hear from the marathon about transportation to the start line in Hopkinton. The marathon finishes in Back Bay at Copley Sq. There will be no problem getting to the finish line by public transportation. It's not that far. There are a lot good seafood restaurants. The big chain restaurants are Legal and McCormick & Schmick (both Park Sq. area). There are smaller local restaurants like Skipjack (Copley Sq.), Daily Catch (North End, squid is a specialty), and some in the Seaport area. Most Boston restaurants, even if they don't specialized in it, will have seafood on the menu. For soul food, the place to go is Bob the Chef on Columbus Ave. near Massachusetts Ave. (South End).

NC
Level Contributor
819 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston Marathon info!

Thanks everyone for good advice! We might have some family with us and we all love good food so I was really interested in the local restaurants! This will be a blast!!

5. Re: Boston Marathon info!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 06:24