We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is It Impossible to Get Red Sox Tickets?

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
769 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Is It Impossible to Get Red Sox Tickets?

We are going to be in the Boston area during the Red Sox first home stand against the Seattle Mariners next April. What are my chances of getting four tickets to any of the three games? I have a feeling that, being the first home stand, particularly if the Red Sox can sign Roger Clemens as rumor has it, I won't be able to get tickets off of the Red Sox website and will end up having to go to one of those legal "scalper" websites and paying about four times what the tickets are worth, and I"m really not willing to do that. Does anyone have any experience with buying tickets for the first home stand of the season, or can you tell me how hard it is to get tickets at all? Thanks!

North Shore...
Level Contributor
810 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is It Impossible to Get Red Sox Tickets?

Day of the game arrive at the Red Sox ticket box office at Fenway Park at least two hours in advance. There is a chance that day of game tickets will be available. Availability varies game to game and series to series and month to month but it is worth the try. In the meanwhile, Red Sox tickets go on sale online at redsox.com for the season on December 9th. There will be a crowd and you may have to wait in the "waiting room" but if you have the time it is worthwhile.

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
769 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is It Impossible to Get Red Sox Tickets?

Thanks!

North Shore...
Level Contributor
810 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is It Impossible to Get Red Sox Tickets?

Concerning day of game tickets, arrive at the Red Sox ticket box office at least two hours in advance of WHEN THE WINDOW OPENS. Call the Red Sox ticket office a day in in advance to find out when the window opens. Ticket office hours are unrelated to game start times.

Boston
Level Contributor
381 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is It Impossible to Get Red Sox Tickets?

Has anyone bought tickets from those guys with the Eastie accents outside the park... I've often wondered... are those tickets any good?

Boston
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is It Impossible to Get Red Sox Tickets?

I easily got tickets last year and those included the first home games. You have several options, but the most affordable is to buy them online when they go on sale.

Here is what I recommend as step-by-step directions for buying tickets online. Assuming they dont change the ticketing system this year, with a little patience, you should be able to get tickets.

1. Set your alarm clock and make sure that on the sat they go on sale, you are by your computer at least 10 minutes before. Often, The ticketing system opens before it is scheduled.

2. log on to redsox.com, and follow the links to buy tickets. It will ask you to click on the calendar and select the game you want. Your best bet will probably be the Wed night game. But don't worry, if you want to change your game, you can once you are inside the system.

3. After you click on the game you want, you will enter the "virtual waiting room." Your browser will automatically refresh every minute or so until your computer is randomly chosen to pass through to the ticketing system. They used to claim you were picked in the order you got into the waiting room, but they have come clean and admitted that it is totally random. Use as many computers as you can to get into the waiting room. If you have two different browsers (ie firefox and explorer), you can use both to get into the waiting room. Get your friends to help you out.

4. Wait. This can take minutes or hours. Go about your day, but keep an eye on it. If you get in, you will only have a few minutes before it boots you.

5. When you get in, enter the code it gives you and follow the prompts to buy tickets. There are a few pages- seat selection, payment, etc. Once the tickets are in your cart, you wont lost them, but you only have a few minutes to complete each page.

6. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING- that i have learned from doing this several times. The system has a lot of kinks. If at any point you get a message that there are no tickets for a game- dont believe it. The other message you may get is that the system is too busy. In either case, a red dialog will come up at the top of your screen and at the bottom of the screen there will be a button to return to the ticketing system. Do that and just select your game again. This is the same for seat selection. If it tells you there are no bleacher seats for instance, just keep trying at it. People put tickets in their cart but dont buy them, and eventually, they will show up in the system again. You may click a button to buy seats, or to select certain seats and it can take several seconds or minutes to load. Don't give up.

7. Once you are in the system, even if you get tickets in your cart, you can still select additional tickets by hitting the calendar button, or in the screen that shows your cart, by hitting the button that says "find more seats" or something like that.

With a little persistance, you will be able to get these tickets. Yes, it is the first home stand, but people are predicting slightly less sox-mania than last year, and weeknight home games are easy to get. If you can't buy them online, try craigslist. Many honest people buy tickets, can't attend a game and sell them at face value or something in that area. Good luck and have fun!

maryland
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is It Impossible to Get Red Sox Tickets?

Thanks for the detailed info for buying tickets online!

In regards to the Dec 9th date for the start of tickets being sold, do you know what time the ticket office officially opens online?

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
769 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is It Impossible to Get Red Sox Tickets?

Wow! Thank you so much for all of the detailed information. I have ordered tickets online for several other teams and never had a problem, but I had heard that it is different when you are dealing with the Red Sox, the Yankees or the Cubs. I am also curious how you go about finding out what time the online box office opens on Dec. 9. If we do get tickets, then we are going to bring very warm coats, gloves, etc. as I know how quickly it can get really cold in the evening, even in April. The Tigers have occasionally had snow at some of their home games in early April so we will prepare for anything.

Thanks again to all of you.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is It Impossible to Get Red Sox Tickets?

Usually 10 a.m.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
303 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is It Impossible to Get Red Sox Tickets?

I've just read the Redsox site and tickets go on sale at 10am on 9 December for Sox Pax and for single ticket sales for 16 selected games in April and May. I'm hoping to try and get tickets for a game in July and from the press release I'm assuming they go on sale in February, would I be correct in thinking that?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is It Impossible to Get Red Sox Tickets?

Yes, typically that is the way it works. Continue to check out the website because you never know what changes management will make.