We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Regency, Boston - good hotel?

Bridgeport
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Hyatt Regency, Boston - good hotel?

Hi,

My husband and I are planning a weekend trip up to Boston in a week or two. I wanted to see what you thought about this hotel. We have heard it's a nice hotel, but not in the best part of town. What do you think of this? We are from the New York area, and are used to not so great parts of town. Is it really that bad? We have been to boston a few times, and love it. We stayed at the Omni Parker before and Loved that! Thanks for some advise about the Hyatt Regency!

Thanks,

Megan

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Regency, Boston - good hotel?

If you are from the New York area and are used to not so great parts of town...than you will be fine. This area has really come along way in the past few years. I would guess a few homeless folks here and there might be what makes it a bad part of town. I have stayed here for a late night work project and as a local have no problem walking the streets at night. I wouldn't be concerned if I was you.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Regency, Boston - good hotel?

Hi,

This is a very nice hotel, on the edge of Chinatown and the Theater District, about a 10 minute walk to Quincy Market. It is on the edge of what's left of the Combat Zone, and yes, you may see some homeless people drifting around.

If you want a hotel smack in the middle of the hustle and bustle, this isn't it. However, it's a fine place to stay if you have gotten a good price and you don't mind having to walk a couple of minutes to get to the tourist areas.

Other options would be the Marriott Custom House, the Omni Parker (which you are familiar with already), or along the waterfront, the Marriott Long Wharf, and the brand new Intercontinental Boston.

3. Re: Hyatt Regency, Boston - good hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 07:20