We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help my son

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
help my son

my son and a group from his all boys school ages 14-16 are mad to do a bit of shopping in Boston and would like advice so as to make the best of a 4 hour shopping stop after a ski trip in Loon Mountain en route to Boston airport----ideas are a city center visit or a stop in a good mall---- they seek clothes --- brands such as American Eagle, Abercrombie, Hollister , Sports Brands, jeans and of course a gift for mum.

I know TA posters are not usually into shopping advice but please make an exception as they have a very short time.

Thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help my son

You could stop at the Burlington Mall in Burlington, MA. From Route 93 (which is the most direct route from Loon to the airport) you would take Route 95 south and it is less than ten minutes from there. (You can see it from the highway.) They have all the stores you mentioned. Here is the link for the web site: www.burlington-mall.com.

Boston
Level Contributor
381 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help my son

Burlington Mall is a great idea. It's enclosed and has most of the stores they'd like. There's a mall on Rt. 1 in Saugus (I think) called the Square 1 Mall, which also has a big bunch of stores and a food court. Closer to town, there's the Cambridgeside Galleria. They're all vaguely similar: I think each has a Gap, that sort of thing...

One thing to take into account is traffic and timing, if you are en route to the airport. It might be a good idea to go to Square 1 or to Cambridgeside, which are closer to the airport... it would be bad to be running late leaving Burlington only to learn that there's a traffic tieup going into Boston.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,299 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help my son

Burlington Mall a good suggestion or if he can do without Hollister...The Rockingham Mall in Salem New Hampshire fits your requirements. That would be 93 South to the Mall then hop back on 93 South all the way to Logan.

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help my son

They may be a bit old but there is a rainforest cafe in the Burlington mall that would be fun for lunch. If that seems juvinile to them check out the cheesecake factory.

What ever gave you the idea we don't give shopping advice? In my opinion for everyone who needs to know somethign there is someone on here who just might know the answer. The Burlington Mall got me through all my college shopping needs. I would easily shop there instead of going into Boston any day.

ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help my son

hey, htanks for all this info, I will be passing it on to DS and his teachers.

Boston
Level Contributor
381 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help my son

Another note---be careful about leaving all luggage in plain view in the car... unfortunately big malls sometimes are targets for thieves who look for goodies left in cars.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: help my son

There is outlet shopping in Tilton and North Conway, NH.

Please note there is no sales tax in NH. It might be worth doing the shopping there to save a few dollars.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: help my son

Clothes under $175 per article are not taxed in Massachusetts either, so the tax situation is a non-issue.

Worburn...
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help my son

Within two miles of Burlington Mall, a new LL Bean store just opened. It's only the second one of its kind (the original is in Maine). I haven't gone yet, but have heard great reviews. This would probably be a great chance to check out a store with great clothes that you can't find anywhere else, but still has recognition from their catalogues.

10. Re: help my son

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 13:20