We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Armani Cafe -- is this a joke?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Armani Cafe -- is this a joke?

Armani Cafe -- is it just hype?

I walk by the Armani Cafe all the time and all i can think is... why are people eating at a clothing store.... is the food really that good?...... if that was Wal-Mart.... and the foot was just as good.... do you think anyone would be hanging out there and eating?

Has anyone ever ate there Is the food really that good... or is this just a joke, and a game of dress-up and be-seen?

Ossining, New York
Level Contributor
77 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Armani Cafe -- is this a joke?

A friend took me there for dinner a couple years ago. The oasta was pretty good - nothing to write home about. Seemed like a weird choice in an area with so many good dining options.

Bookwoman

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Armani Cafe -- is this a joke?

Hi,

Years ago (before I met Mrs. H) a young lady friend and I took in lunch at the Armani Cafe. I wanted to live like the BMW-driving, trust-fund babies that invade my city. It was a Saturday afternoon in May. After waiting an hour to be seated outside, I was finally there to BE SEEN...yeah, to be seen paying an exorbitant amount of money for, and I quote the late, great Rodney Dangerfield, "low-grade dog food!"

You hit the nail on the head. It's for the, and I'll put this delicately, (the word for currency in Europe + what a garbageman collects= the clientele at Armani) . Don't waste your money.

Boston
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Armani Cafe -- is this a joke?

It won't be a joke for long. The Armani E and the Armani Cafe are closing.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Armani Cafe -- is this a joke?

I always wondered that myself... So strange!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Armani Cafe -- is this a joke?

The reason that the Armani cafe was popular in the good weather was that it was the only good sized sidewalk cafe on the right side of the strret, not only on Newbury, but in the city, period. This amenity is commonplace in most "world class cities" but not here.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
985 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Armani Cafe -- is this a joke?

Healy04 hit it on right on. You don't go there to eat. You go there to be seen eating there.

7. Re: Armani Cafe -- is this a joke?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 06:25