We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gigs in Boston?

R_J
London
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Gigs in Boston?

are there any websites i can look on for concerts in Boston? its my brothers 30th birthday and would love to take him to see a gig. its not till june though. thanks xx

Level Contributor
421 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gigs in Boston?

try www.boston.com for stuff listed in the newspaper, but I'm not positive that they currently have listings for June. good luck!

R_J
London
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gigs in Boston?

cheers! will have a look xx

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gigs in Boston?

The free weekly "Boston Phoenix" newspaper carries a lot of ads from clubs that have a concert calendar which can stretch for months in advance (at least in the print edition.) Bookmark bostonphoenix.com.

Here are some of my favorite places to see shows, by genre:

Harper's Ferry (blues, R & B, some rock)

Paradise Rock Club (rock & hiphop)

The Middle East (alt-rock & hiphop)

Johnny D's (jazz, blues, & R & B)

Ryles (jazz)

Berklee Performance Center (jazz, R & B)

Somerville Theater (rock, folk)

Club Passim (folk - a "hot spot" where Joan Baez and many more launched their careers)

The Orpheum (rock)

The Fleet Center is where all the big-name acts appear. All the venues mentioned would have Web sites, I suspect. And you could also visit ticketmaster.com to see what shows are upcoming that have advance seating already available.

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gigs in Boston?

A fantastic music resource:

http://www.pollstar.com/

From the pulldown menu at top left select "City Schedule" and input Boston, MA........you'll get back more than you know what to do with. (Works well for the UK too, btw.)

5. Re: Gigs in Boston?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2008, 20:04
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Gigs in Boston?

Harper's ferry in Allston is great and so is Grand Canal in Boston.