We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amish community near Tupelo

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,444 posts
442 reviews
Save Topic
Amish community near Tupelo

Did you know that there was a small Amish community near Tupelo in Pontotoc that consists of about 15 families? Someone asked about the Amish in the south on the road trip forum and I did some research. I knew there was a Mennonite community in south Georgia near Albany. Here is a link to an article someone did a few years ago-

jacksonfreepress.com/index.php/…

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amish community near Tupelo

I read about this recently. I have friends in that area and they speak highly of the folks there. Thanks for posting.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,444 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amish community near Tupelo

Stopped by the Walmart in Pontotoc on our way home from Oxford and saw them there with their beautiful horses and black buggies.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amish community near Tupelo

Will be in Tupelo september this year. My wife is interested in Amish people and would like to know if it's worth visiting them.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,444 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amish community near Tupelo

It is a very small community. It is not like the large ones in Ohio and PA. We saw a few white clapboard houses and large barns and their black buggies with horses.

5. Re: Amish community near Tupelo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 12:15