We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation in April (Disneyland to San Diego) - please help

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation in April (Disneyland to San Diego) - please help

Hello All,

I first just want to say that I love Tripadvisor! Moving right along, I have planned a 6 night stay for my family in Disneyland (4/13 - 4/19). Because my husband has to return to work, my son ( years old) and I will continue our vacation throughout the weekend in San Diego (4/19 - 4/22). I am looking to stay at the Days Inn Hotel Circle (location and costs and it has some great reviews on this website as well). Because I will be driving from Anaheim to San Diego that Thursday after we check out the hotel, I would like to take him to dinner that evening once we check in and get settled and then to SeaWorld on Friday and Legoland on Saturday and we check out on Sunday and drive home (long drive home - lol). Will this be enough time and are there any other things I can do with him. He will have just turned 4 on 4/17/07 and I want to make his week as special as possible. I have only been to San Diego once in my life (with my job and we stayed at the Del Coronado Hotel which I never left the hotel) so I have no idea really what to expect although I am a California girl - lol.

Thank you for reading my post

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,507 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation in April (Disneyland to San Diego) - please help

Nearby ,on the other side of the freewayis the FashionValley Mall with many dining choices. Here is a link to the list of restaurants.

www.simon.com/mall/entertainment.aspx?ID=765

Also nearby is the Corvette Diner a 50s style diner with juke boxes on the tables etc.

cohnrestaurants.com/cohn/…corvette.php

As for other things to do ,you might luck out and find that it is beach weather. We have had crazy temps lately ranging from 80s back down to 50s so who knows. On your drive down (depending on time) you might stop at La Jolla cove to go tide pooling(check times) and see seals on the beach etc.

I think you have plenty planned though so maybe just hang by the pool to relax.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation in April (Disneyland to San Diego) - please help

Thank you for your response. After posting this topic, I went on the Seaworld website and found out that they close at 9 pm on Sat so we will be going there on that day and doing the Legoland thing on Friday. Depending on the weather, I hope we get to enjoy the beach (he loves Spongebob and you know he lives under the sea - lol).

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,507 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation in April (Disneyland to San Diego) - please help

Just a thought, Legoland is on your way south from Anaheim. Maybe get an early start and go on Thursday BEFORE you check in to the Days Inn.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation in April (Disneyland to San Diego) - please help

We decided not to go to Seaworld on this trip. We are getting the day park tickets to Legoland and we'll go there on Friday and Sat. After the drive on Thursday, I will most likely not want to go to Legoland - lol. Thank you so much for your input. I think this is going to be a very fun trip as long as it does not rain - lol.

Burnaby, BC CANADA
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation in April (Disneyland to San Diego) - please help

Hi SFBayBee,

if you're son's only 1, may not be worthwhile for you to go to legoland. we went when our daughter was 1.5 years old. She was too small to go on 90% of the rides. But if you get a Go San Diego card like we did, it won't be so bad http://www.gosandiegocard.com/

the card includes the San Diego Zoo, Legoland, Scripts Aquarium and a lot of other places.

We also took our daughter to the San Diego Wild Animal Park (not included in Go SD card).

We enjoyed our stay in SD!

We're on our way to the Mayan Riviera, then in LA/Anaheim next month so have to figure out what we can do for a few days. would consider going to SD again, but too far in such a short period (plus travelling w/ 2 other families).

Have fun!

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation in April (Disneyland to San Diego) - please help

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but my son is going to be 4 years old on April 17th and he is BIG - lol so the rides should not be a problem. Have fun on your trip too.

Burnaby, BC CANADA
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation in April (Disneyland to San Diego) - please help

oops, don't know where i read he was one only. He's got the same bday as my daughter, except she's turning 3.

anyhow, look into the go san diego pass.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacation in April (Disneyland to San Diego) - please help

Thanks. I did look into this pass and this trip it will not work for us as we are going through AAA and if you buy a ticket to Legoland (which is already discounted through them) you get the second day free as well. This will fill up the weekend and we'll probably do a beach and eat out some. Next time I will get the SD Pass and use it. Thank you so much for your input.

Burnaby, BC CANADA
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vacation in April (Disneyland to San Diego) - please help

2 days for the price of one isn't bad then! btw for any future trips you can use the "go" cards at each location once per day. so if you bought a 7 day pass you could go to the zoo, legoland, etc up to 7 days each....not that you'd necessarily want to. But not as good as a deal as the AAA offer. I'll have to see what kind of offer they have for LA (although i'm only there for 1.5 days).

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vacation in April (Disneyland to San Diego) - please help

Thank you so much for all your input. AAA does have some great deals on these trips (we have free parking and early entry for our disney trip too). I am glad I signed up to become a member. This is going to save us a lot of money (even our hotel was $20 a night cheaper and we'll be there 6 nights in addition to the San Diego trip). Good luck in your search.