We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flower Fields

ny
Level Contributor
332 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Flower Fields

I saw a photo of the flower fields in my Frommers guide.. It looks like a beautiful place to visit! According to the guide we will be there for the blooms. Are there different locations/tours for the flower fields? The one mentioned in the book was at a ranch I think.

Which is the best place to visit?

Also, Is anything blooming yet?

Thanks for any information you may provide :)

Another Side Of San Diego Tours
City Tours, Segway Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Five Star Tours - Day Tours
City Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Adventures in San Diego
Sightseeing Tours, Segway Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours
GoCar Tours San Diego
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,932 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flower Fields

Here's the link to the flower fields. 1 place to go

http://www.theflowerfields.com/

It is near the outlet mall in Carlsbad if you also want to shop.

Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flower Fields

We plan on stopping by there on our way back to SD the last week of April. As I understand it right about now is the prime time but the blooms will last into early May. Of course it depends some on the weather. The Ecke Ranch is not the same as the Flower Fields but a part of the same company, I believe it is the part that has to do more with the distribution of the flowers . The Flower fields that are the popular tourist stop is near Legoland in Carlsbad. Here is their website that should answer most questions.

http://visit.theflowerfields.com/

Chicago
Level Contributor
488 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flower Fields

Michmouse - check out my trip report. I just returned from San Diego and went to the Flower Fields. One section is in full bloom right now, the part furthest north on the hillside. I suspect the rest of the hill will be in full bloom in a few weeks. I don't know, though, if there's a point in time where the entire hillside is in full bloom, or if they stagger it. Anyway, it's very pretty and worth a stop, but I also think it's a one time place to visit.

I bought my ticket online for $8. I think they're $9 if you get them in person. For an extra $4 (I think) you can take a tractor-pulled wagon tour. I didn't do that, and just walked around. Also, be sure to stop along the road up above the Flower Fields for some great views of the flowers, Carlsbad and the ocean in the background. They told me it's crowded on the weekends, FYI.

If you PM me your email address, I'll send you some photos I took last week.

ny
Level Contributor
332 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flower Fields

Hi Gracie,

My email is Mishmosh22@aol.com

I think you may be helping me on another board....Bidddingfortravel? Did you post a response to my bidding request? I have been contemplating a bid on the SD coadtal area or downtown because Coronado is not getting accepted at a bid of 120.00. I currently have ressies at Residence Inn Central, but wonder if any of the 4 * Coastal resorts would be more desirable than the RI Central....

What do you think? And thanks so very much for your help on all the boards!

Michelle :)

Chicago
Level Contributor
488 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flower Fields

michmouse, you have mail. I'll try to help you on BFT, too. Standby.

6. Re: Flower Fields

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 04:15