We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Hotel Recommendations

canada
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Family Hotel Recommendations

We're planning a quick 4night stay in San Diego with our family, 2 adults, 2yr, 5yr, 8yr and we'll most likely have a rental car. We really only have 3 full days - with plans for 1 day Legoland, 1 day SeaWorld, 1 day Zoo.

We're looking at the middle of June, and are looking for some recommendations on where to stay. I'm thinking since we'll be out most of the time, there doesn't leave a lot of time to "enjoy" the hotel so I'm thinking as long as it's at least 3-star quality, clean and at least a small pool.

I don't know much about the area, but it sounds like the Hotel Circle would be good enough for us. It'd be great if the place had a complimentary breakfast (continental would be plenty for us to start the morning). And we'd prefer not having to drive too far to find some family-friendly places for dinner.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Frazier Park...
Level Contributor
451 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Hotel Recommendations

Hi,

It was definitely not what I would call a 3 star, but we really were very happy with the Woodfin Sorrento Mesa last year. It was clean, very spacious (we had two separate bedrooms and bathrooms), and had a small kitchen area with a full size fridge. It was pretty central between all the attractions, there were huge shopping centers a short drive away with a ton of restaurants. Look it up, & you will see my review. We saw Hotel Circle on our way to the zoo, & I was glad we didn't stay there.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,707 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Hotel Recommendations

YOu could look a tthe Days Inn HOtel Circle and perhaps in our OldTown area the La Quinta-old town or the OldTown Inn.

Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Hotel Recommendations

hockeywidow your like me and dont see spending a lot for a hotel when your going to be out all day. As long as it is clean and you can shower and sleep that is good. On some trips we prefer to relax more and therefore pay more for a hotel to "enjoy"

Anyway this leads to my suggestion/ question. What does the forum members think about the Holiday Inn Mission Bay/Sea World. The one located on Sports Arena Drive across from the I-Pay One center. We are thinking about changing our reservation to here because we can get a 1 bedroom suite/kitchenette and it seems to be well located 1 mile from Sea World and supposedly near many restaraunts which is a plus for us. The photos look good but I know pictures can be deceiving. It seems to get very mixed reviews but is a 3 star and in reading all the reviews more seem positive. Anyway hockeywidow this is a possible suggestion depending on what the other member say. It is $150 a night or less for a suite and seems to be located well for the zoo and Sea World (very close to Sea World)

Beyond that the hotel circle area will certainly offerr a variet of fairly inexpensive chain hotels. This area is not highly reccomended because it just a sprawl of hotels,restaraunts and store along the interstate but it seems to fit your (my) likings.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,707 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Hotel Recommendations

I dont think there's anything wrong with that Holiday Inn except that it is located on Sports Arena across from the I Pay one Center, In other word on a very busy street in a busy area. The up side is that there are also lots of family friendly restaurants nearby.

5. Re: Family Hotel Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 22:17