We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Mexico

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Mexico

We will be coming to San Diego the middle of July and would like to plan a bus trip to Mexico. I was looking at a Baja Lobster trip that looked interesting. Can you book a few days in advance or should I make reservations now. Also I had read that there was trouble at Rosarito Beach but it was an old post. Is there still a probem?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,191 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Mexico

I am sorry I do not know the trip you have mentioned.

I dont think you will have trouble if you are on a bus trip. I don't remember how many days you are planning forSanDiego and if you only have a short tiem here then I would suggest you skip th eday in Mexico an dplan another vacation just going to Mex as there are very interesting cities,cruises etc. further into th ecountry.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Mexico

Hi Frenchie1211, we've done day trips from San Diego to Rosarito a few times. Being that your so close to the border in San Diego it makes for a fun day/evening. I have not done a bus trip but since you've never been down there this may be a good idea no hassles with driving. We just drive down there ourselves do a little shopping and have some great lobster and rice/beans yummy have fun!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Mexico

Thanks all! I did book this trip as I will have my grandkids (ages 18 and 20) with me and it will be exciting for them. I'll post when I get back.

4. Re: Day trip to Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 04:17