We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sightseeing w/o car

Suwanee, Georgia
Level Contributor
97 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
sightseeing w/o car

I'm staying at the Hilton Harbor Island Drive. I have already booked a 2-day trolley tour with on and off privileges. I have also book a harbor cruise. There are three other things I'd like to do but don't know if I would need a car or could take trolley, bus, train, etc. I'm interested in La Joylla Cove, Point Loma (how much walking is involved with each of these?) and the Wild Animal Zoo, which I know is about 30 miles away. I can't afford a 30-mile cab, so are there any other options? Thanks in advance.

Another Side Of San Diego Tours
City Tours, Segway Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Adventures in San Diego
Sightseeing Tours, Segway Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours
San Diego Bay Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Waterskiing & Jetskiing
Bahia Belle
Sightseeing Tours
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,030 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sightseeing w/o car

You can get to Point Loma(Cabrillo National Monument?) and LaJolla(hoya)by bus.You can use the trip planning function on www.sdcommute.com

to find the bus routes and schedules. I tmay take a while to get ther ebut you can do it. The walking really depends on what you would like to see and how much walking you feel you can do. YOu could also take a taxi to the 2 places or take the bus one way and arrange a taxi pick up or call on a cell phone to get one. If youwant a taxi here you have to call it you canno tjust find one on the street.

TheWild Animal park is a different story. There was one very intrepid couple who managed to take a bus there (or rather a series of busses). They thought of it as "seeing SanDiego county" so they didn't mind how long it took. I fyou have lots of tim ehere and nothin g to do for an entire dya, and want to do it I guess it is possible but I dont know how. chekc the transit web site and see.

2. Re: sightseeing w/o car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 07:16