We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too late for Easter reservations?

Virginia
Level Contributor
198 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Too late for Easter reservations?

Our family is traveling to San Diego March 15-22, 2008; Easter is on March 23rd. I just searched

Trip Advisor for available San Diego hotels with a 3/4/5* rating for under $300 that sleeps 4 persons. Of the top 50 rated hotels listed as available these are our choices ...

#3 Homewood Suites San Diego Del Mar

#6 Doubletree Hotel San Diego Mission Valley off 163

#17 Hilton Garden Inn

#33 Courtyard San Diego Downtown

#42 Bay Club Hotel & Marina on Shelter Island

#46 Radisson Suite Hotel Rancho Bernardo

Our main priority once we arrive in San Diego is to go to LegoLand in Carlsbad -- my Son LOVES Lego's. After that we will attempt to see as many of the attractions on our "to do" list as possible ... Balboa Park/Museums, Zoo, Coronado, Cabrillo National Monument, Sea World, Wild Animal Park, and LaJolla.

We are a family of 4 and this is our 1st trip to San Diego. Based on the weather, a beach hotel is not necessary since it may be too cold to sun bathe/swim. We are looking for a hotel convenient to the attractions we want to see, but also in a nice area that will leave us with pleasant memories of our stay. Any comments on these 6 hotels?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,939 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too late for Easter reservations?

Out of the hotels you have listed the Bay Club is the calmest most scenic location of all of them. It is in our Shelter Island(not really an island ) neighborhood which has lovely views of SanDiego Bay and the downtown skyline. I understand the 2nd floor rooms are best there. It is not far from the downtown harbor ,zoo etc.and there are restuarants nearby( a few inwalking distance)

Courtyard downtown is also a good city location in a beautiful older building in walking distance to many restaurants,a mall,the harbor with its boats etc.

Both of the previous 2 hotels are only about 3-5miles from the airport.(in different directions)

I"d pick one of those 2 as the others are all "by the side of the freeway" hotels OR way off in the suburbs inRancho Bernardo which will require long traficky drives to get anywhere.

2. Re: Too late for Easter reservations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 19:16