We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations Question

Scranton...
Level Contributor
168 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodations Question

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I will be visiting San Diego in November for a conference that he needs to attend for work. We are staying for the first three nights at Paradise Point (the conference is being held here) which I belive is in Mission Bay (please correct me if I'm wronng as I just started looking at maps).

We would like to extend our stay by an additional 3-4 nights and I am not sure which area to look for lodging. We are interested in the Zoo, USSS Midway Seaworld, Museum of Photographic Arts and if there are any wineries in the area we would love to visit them.

Is there a particular area you would recommend for us for the additional nights?

Thank you all for your time and responses.

Nancy

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,932 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations Question

Paradise Point is on its own little peninsula in Mission Bay Park. You will need a rental car to get anywhere from there including restaurants other than the ones in the hotel.

November is off season here so you should be able to find something good downtown in our gaslamp entertainment district where you can walk to many attractions and restaurants. Our downtown is small and pretty facing SanDiego Bay where the Midway is docked. There are many hotels there of all styles and price ranges including the Omni(with basball memorabilia)the Gaslamp Marriott(no pool but great rooftop bar)the Solamar(boutique hotel with inroom massage,pool and rooftop bar) Horton Grand(historic less expensive) I'd not book the hotel now unless you need the security of having something or if price is no issue. As time gets closer www.travelzoo.com lists all deals. Last year we booked the Omni for $99 on a winter deal for an in town getaway etc. Also there is a reasonably priced parking garage on the block between the Omni and the Gaslamp Marriott where you can park overnight for only about $12 if you want to have a car.

Level Contributor
36,689 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations Question

Coronado is very nice, we loved SeaWorld! The Hotel Del Coronado is gorgeous! :)

3. Re: Accommodations Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 14:20