We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 2 days in Sea World enough?

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is 2 days in Sea World enough?

We are intending to bring our children aged 5 and 10 to visit Sea World including doing the interactive activity e.g. swimming with the dolphin particularly. Can you advise me if 2 whole days too much to explore the park? I dont really want to do a rush trip but if we start early in the morning 9am, will 1 full day be enough?

Thank you.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,251 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 2 days in Sea World enough?

Most families do Sea World in 1 day. I am not sure what time of year you are coming but if you are here during extended hours(until 9PM) you can leave in the afternoon,get stamped, and come back at night to see the evening shows and fireworks if you like.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 2 days in Sea World enough?

We found one day to be enough. We returned the 2nd day - but there was very little left to do. The kid splash zone area was closed for renovations when we were there - and my two younger kids probably would have played there for a while had it been open.

We didn't do the dolphin interaction as our 5 year old was not old enough - I forget what the age was - but she was too young.

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 2 days in Sea World enough?

We are coming to Sea World towards the end of May. What time does the park close during Spring? That will certainly answer to my query as to a day in Sea World is enough! Thanks a million.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 2 days in Sea World enough?

www.seaworld.com/ParkHours.aspx?locID=3

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 2 days in Sea World enough?

Click on the dates you are there & you get the show schedule. All shows are great. Then there's the rest of Seaworld to see. I'm going to Seaworld in June for the second time. 2 days this time, one wasn't enough last time. I've bought my funcard on seaworld site so I can get as many days as I need plus a free ride on the skytower.

Ledj

Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 2 days in Sea World enough?

suggest you check out show times when you arrive so you can see each one, then try to see other exhibits in between. Don't miss the sharks. And the arctic excursion exhibit is fun. Agree with other that one day should be fine. Too many other fun things to do in San Diego!

San Diego
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is 2 days in Sea World enough?

Just to add on. You can definitely do the park in 1 day. Depending on what your family likes you can use the second day to relax at the beach or do Legoland.

Level Contributor
35,236 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is 2 days in Sea World enough?

We enjoyed one full day in SeaWorld on a Mon. in December, there were no crowds and we were able to see 4 shows, ride the rides with no lines, we walked right on the sky ride (an additional fee) and saw all of the exhibits. In May I'm assuming it will be much busier. Two days would be very nice.

Have a great time in San Diego, this is a beautiful area to spend time in. :)

9. Re: Is 2 days in Sea World enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 10:24