We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to my accomodation

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Topic
Transport to my accomodation

Hi,

I'm flying into San Diego and staying at the hotel named below for 3 nights. Trying to work out the most convenient way to get here from airport?

Days Inn & Suites Mission Valley

5343 Adobe Falls Road, San Diego, CA, 92120, USA

I know that is is a mile away from Grantville trolley so was thinking getting 992 bus to down town and then trolley to grantville then a taxi? Or how much would it cost me to go direct from the airport to hotel via taxi?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,695 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to my accomodation

It is not a convenient hotel with no car. Is it possible for you to change to a different hotel or at least to a different Days Inn that would be easier to reach?? You may not find a taxi at the trolley stop.

There is another Days Inn at Hotel Circle that would be more convenient.

england
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to my accomodation

Hi Riffsmom

Problem I have is that the dates I am staying 25th-28th July are right in the middle of comic con. All hotels I tried before were booked up. However, it's been a few months now so maybe it is worth having another look to see if anything a bit more convenient is available

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,695 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to my accomodation

OOOh I see bad timing. It appears that the Doubletree Mission Valley has rooms if you can afford the mid range price. It is right at a trolley stop so very convenient.

The Kings Inn Mission Valley which is more of a motel than a hotel(and cheaper then the doubletree) also appears to have rooms.I think there's a bus that goes there but you could easily get there by taxi from the old Town trolley stop too.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to my accomodation

Days Inn Hotel Circle South will pick you up / drop off at the airport/ Amtrak Station, the service is free. It might be worth asking your Days Inn if they have a similar system. Agree with Riffsmom that staying closer in would be more convenient, if you can.

england
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport to my accomodation

Hi,

Unfortuantely this seems to be the best hotel for my budget and I will need to stick with it. Would be very greatful if I can just get some clarification on location and best way to get there.

I plan to get a taxi from airport to hotel when I arrive and then will walk to and from the grantville trolley stop while we are there. Is is true that this is around 1 mile away?

Any other suggestions greatfully appreciated

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport to my accomodation

Thry this www.missionvalleyhotels.com. Your hotel is just not located well. Bus will take for ever stops every two blocks.

Probably about $30+ by taxi

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,695 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport to my accomodation

Our public transportation site is not working well on my computer right now.

See:transit511sd.com

There is a bus about.9miles away at Zion an dWaring that will take you to the Mission Trolley stop.It is #14.

I was looking for other routes as well but perhaps your hotel will know. There is also a service of the transportation system that a person can use if their area is not served well and it is a van that you can call to pick you up but I am not sure how it works and was trying to look for it on the site when the site got "stuck".

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport to my accomodation

Realize everything may be booked but wondered if you tried La Pensione in Little Italy as very affordable, close to airport and within walking distance of downtown SD. I stayed there for 4 nights in Feb. and would recommend.

england
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport to my accomodation

Yeah, tried La Pensione and just about every other hotel in down town San Diego! I'm just going to stick with the Days Inn now - get a taxi from the airport to hotel and then use the trolley from grantville the rest of the time.

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport to my accomodation

We used trolleys and buses a fair bit and good way to get around. Found buying a day pass that was good on both was convenient - think it was $5 and site riffsmom refers to is good for finding out buses, connections, etc. Printed online schedules for routes used eg 992 that were handy and saved long waits.

One day trip we enjoyed was bus (can't remember number) over to Coronado - very scenic over bridge and we took it along ocean for a piece and then back and off at Hotel Del - bought takeout lunch there (other options as well) and sat on beach to eat and people watch. Also enjoyed Coaster train that links to all trolley stops. Enjoy.