We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SD with 11 month old

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, NC
1 post
Save Topic
SD with 11 month old

We are planning a trip to CA in midjune. We will be staying in Palm Springs for a week but I was thinking about doing an overnight trip to San Diego. I was definately interested in visiting the Zoo. But, was wondering what else in the area would be good for an 11 month old? Was thinking about getting the San Diego 3- for-1 Pass (zoo, seaworld and wild animal park). Is this WAY too much to do in only 2 days? Is Seaworld and WAP appropriate for my little one?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,555 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SD with 11 month old

It's WAY too much for an 11month old. At that age they will be happy to be with Mom and Dad at the pool and to see some animals at the zoo or at SeaWorld. I think you have to decide what YOU will enjoy the most and then do that.The zoo has a baby animal area with a petting area as well. Balboa Park where the zoo is located also has pretty gardens and museums for the grownups and for your child when a bit older but there's grass to run on and a playground too. Remember it is at least a 2 hr drive from Palm Springs

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SD with 11 month old

I would skip both Wild Animal Park and Sea World. We were at Sea World recently with our two older kids and our 2 year old. The older kids (6 & 10) had a blast, however, my hubby and I took turns walking with her while the others watch the shows. She couldn't sit still for them - even though she loves animals. While there are a couple of things for little ones to do - it isn't worth the $$'s.

I agree - hanging out at the beach is always a fav. Maybe head over to Coronado and rent the surrey type bikes. let her sit in the front seat and peddle around.

3. Re: SD with 11 month old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 07:17