We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Express Car Rental

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Express Car Rental

Has anyone rented from Express Car Rental? I want a car that I can take into Mexico. Any advice purchasing the right amount of insurance for Mexico? I want the least amount of hassle if something were to happen to the car.

Thanks

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,110 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Express Car Rental

I have not heard of the company you have mentioned.

Mexican insurance is not expensive BUT many rental companies do not want to deal with the hassle of people having probs in Mexico. I wonder if you know that their legal system is based on the Napoleanic Code which means that IF you have an accident YOU are considered at fault no matter what and the insurance is to act as bail for you. Without it you would end up in jail after a fender bender.

Have you thought of driving your own car?

You might also go to the Rosarito,Mexio forum on this site and ask the folks there who often spend time in Mexico.

2. Re: Express Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 12:16