We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seal Tour?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
621 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Seal Tour?

My husband and I will be in San Diego with another couple on July 20-21. We did the Ride the Ducks tour in Seattle & in Miami and we really enjoyed those. Does anyone know if the Seal Tour is comparable? If you haven't done the others can you tell us if you would recommend the Seal Tour in San Diego? YOu're help is greatly appreciated?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seal Tour?

OK I give, what is the Seal Tour?

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seal Tour?

Here ya go:

http://www.sealtours.com/

San Diego...
Level Contributor
117 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seal Tour?

yes it is definitely the same idea as those other tours where you go on land and in water.

Seattle
Level Contributor
621 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seal Tour?

We just got back from our trip tonight. I will post a complete trip report in the next few days but here are my comments on the Seal Tour in the mean time. There were 4 of us that did the Seal tour and we all loved it. It's slightly different from Seattle & Miami since we spent most of the time on water but it was great. We saw 2 dolphins, several seals, pelicans & other birds. Just that made it worth it for us. Any one whose interested in that will not be disappointed.

nj
Level Contributor
101 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seal Tour?

Did you find that you needed reservations for the Seal Tour or could you just "walk up" and board? We've done the Philly Duck Tour and had a lot of fun w/it and hope to do the Seal Tour when we head out in a few weeks. Also - how crowded/popular was the tour (ie was your "boat" full?).

Thanks! kp

Seattle
Level Contributor
621 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seal Tour?

We bought our tickets at noon for the 4:00pm tour just in case it was sold out by that time. When we got there at 3:30pm, the 4:00pm was sold out but the 4:30pm had still a few seats available. There were seats available on all the others (5:00, 5:30, 6:00). This was on a Sunday. There's plenty to see and do in that area if you have to wait.

7. Re: Seal Tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 07:20