We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hmmm...home field advantage...

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
hmmm...home field advantage...

Now being from New England and an avid Patriot fan, I can understand the concept of home field advantage and having your own fans in the stands.....but not enabling fans from other states outside of CA,NV and AZ purchase tickets seems a bit unfair.....or at least to me......

well back to my point...purchased my plane ticktes from boston to CA for the 2 Patriot games in CA first SF then SD.....a dream come true, our favorite sport and our dream vacation to CA....

oh except that we cant seem to find game tickets, not allowed to buy unless in above states.....not fair....but we shall find them some how, go to CA and win or lose have a wonderful time in a place i have been longing to go for years.....

cant wait SAN DIEGO..............

Balboa Park
Parks, Gardens, Playgrounds
Petco Park
Sports Complexes, Arenas & Stadiums
Kellogg Park
Playgrounds, Parks
Fanuel Beach Park
Playgrounds, Beaches, Parks
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
899 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hmmm...home field advantage...

The idea behind this is more or less aimed at preventing people from all over the country to buy tickets and turn around and scalp them on various sites (Craigslist comes to mind). For years, this wasn't a problem in SD because the team stunk and there were plenty of empty seats. Those days are gone now and it's one of the hottest tickets in town. So, people from Boise to Boston were buying up tickets and making a profit. The thinking, I believe, is that by limiting the ticket buyers to these states, the Chargers are cutting down on the illegal activities.

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hmmm...home field advantage...

I can see your point...but...what happens to the people like me who just want 2 tix to see there fav. team play.....so i guess I will have to try and find tix through a ticket broker and pay a much higher price...

so i guess only brokers in the above mention states can get rich...

i will some how find tix i hope...but it sure puts a damper on our trip...but still getting to go to CA is what we really wanted to do ...having the Pats play there sealed our descion and was an added bonus for us...

now you mention craigs list..is this a site i should look into...to be honet with you I have never used a site besides ticket master to pruchase any tickets...

thanks

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,355 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hmmm...home field advantage...

sheri, Are you staying in a hotel here in SanDiego?

If you are call /e-mail them and ask them to get you the tix.

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hmmm...home field advantage...

yes we are...2 nites Hotel Del then last 2 nites US Grant.....were these good choices?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,355 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hmmm...home field advantage...

sheri BOTH those hotels,have concierge service and the US Grant especially is noted for good service so ask them to get the tix for you.

California
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hmmm...home field advantage...

Hope you have fun! We'll be in town for the Chargers/Panthers game. We're from Charlotte but live in California now so we were lucky and no hassle getting the tickets.

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hmmm...home field advantage...

lucky you, have fun at the game....we cant wait for the game and also cant wait for our 10 days in CA

starting in SF then driving to SD....

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: hmmm...home field advantage...

I didn't know that. Just out of curiosity I went to both team's websites. Chargers says you can only buy tickets to the Patriots or Colt games if you buy Seahawk tickets. Trying to push games that aren't selling maybe?

49ers site doesn't show any avaliable tickets, but it links to 49er season ticket holders who are selling there's. So I live in CA and got shut out before it asked for that info anywhere. They must be sell outs or near sellouts? Try the 49er site to buy from the season ticket holders. Good luck.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hmmm...home field advantage...

Riffsmom has a good suggestion with the concierge of your hotels. You can also try

www.stubhub.com

it's very legit.

boston
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: hmmm...home field advantage...

It is illegal to do that. Tampa tried doing that this past season when they found out that they had to play the GIANTS in the first round of the playoffs. I live in Boston. (say a prayer for me please)I bought a ticket through ticketmaster, a couple days later, I received a notice that the ticket I purchased , is invalad. This happened to all of us outside of Fla. who bought tix. Well, NY's Attorney General stepped in and threatened lawsuits. Tampa quickly changed there stance, and the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANT FANS were trested to the first of 4 memorable games. GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!