We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typical weather around Christmas?

Seattle
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Typical weather around Christmas?

In researching what the weather will be in late December it appears that the average is 66 degrees during the day, cooler at night. For those of you who live in San Diego, is that about right? It sounds like jackets wouldn't be needed during the day and if staying at a place with a pool, it's possible to swim at that time of year as well??

Thank you!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Typical weather around Christmas?

I have spent every Christmas for the past 12 years in San Diego and all I can say is hard to say! Sometimes we go to the beach and run/play (not swim to cold for that) on the sand. Others times it is pouring rain and we are stuck inside. For the most part it is sunny and cool. Jeans and a long sleeve tee or light jacket in the day is typical, coat in the evening. It is not usually pool weather in December, though sometimes we go into the spa.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Typical weather around Christmas?

The above poster has it right. Rain is possible...I think there was rain 2 years ago. You could swim in the pool if it is heated (check with hotel). As mentioned, the ocean is too cold. Also, if the high temp is 66F that means it would be below that for most of the day, plus there could be a breeze, so a jacket could be needed.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,139 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Typical weather around Christmas?

Most of the hotel pools are heated so you could swim and go in the jacuzzi but it will be chilly when you get out.I tell people to expect temps in the 60s with cooler temps at night or if it rains. IF it gets into the 70s then you will be happily surprised.

The Embassy Suites hotels have indoor pools if you want to make sure about comfy swimming.

4. Re: Typical weather around Christmas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 07:20