We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Save on parking at Embassy Suites downtown

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Save on parking at Embassy Suites downtown

Valet parking at Embassy Suites downtown costs $28/day, and there is no self-park option. I thought I'd share a tip from our stay there earlier this month. There is a metered parking lot just catty-cornered from Embassy Suites. Parking there is free from 6PM - 8AM; we parked there every night, as we were always up and out before 8. If you needed to arrive before 6PM or didn't want to leave as early as 8AM, you could just feed the 2-hour meter. It was $0.25 for 15 minutes, or $1/hr. If we arrived back at the hotel at 5:00, we'd just put 4 quarters in the meter and be good for the night!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Save on parking at Embassy Suites downtown

That seems like a lot of work if you are on vacation. There is some street parking further down by Staples. Personally, if I’m on vacation, I suck up the extra fees so I’m in the “no worry” zone.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Save on parking at Embassy Suites downtown

Since the lot was as close as could be to the hotel, and we actually had a great view of the car from our room window, the only worry I can think of would be that you wouldn't get out of there before 8:00AM. For us, coming from the eastern time zone, we were always up and out of there WAY early, so there was no risk of that. Parking in the lot before 6PM and putting a few quarters in the meter was no trouble.

When we were arriving and leaving with our luggage, we did pull up to the front of the hotel, asked for a bellboy to help us with our bags, and tipped him generously with all the money we saved on parking!

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Save on parking at Embassy Suites downtown

That does sound like work.

Another option would be if you plan to be away from your hotel all day long 8AM-5/6PM and you have a car then why not just choose another hotel and location with cheaper or free parking? Head towards centrally located Mission Valley/Hotel Circle or the newer hotels Marriott Courtyard, etc in Liberty Station. I think the latter has free parking, suite options and some meals/drinks included.

San Diego,Ca.
Level Contributor
6,714 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Save on parking at Embassy Suites downtown

Thank You for the parking tip. In San Francisco they charge $50 per day! for downtown area hotel parking.

Alot of people do not want to rent cars these days becuase they do not want to pay $28/day to simply park a car on their vacations.

5. Re: Save on parking at Embassy Suites downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 01:17