We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend a family seafood restaurant?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bozeman, MT
Level Contributor
512 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend a family seafood restaurant?

Is there a fun, family-friendly seafood restaurant anyone can recommend? My girls are ages 11, 8 and 6, and they want seafood one night that we are in San Diego. We're staying in a condo on Pacific Beach so somewhere not too far away would be great. Doesn't have to be fancy.

Also, we'll be going to Old Town one night for dinner, and wondered if anyone could recommend a fun, family Mexcian place. Thanks so much!!

By the way, I have looked at Trip Advisor's restaurant ratings, but there are over 1500!

San Diego,Ca.
Level Contributor
6,960 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend a family seafood restaurant?

King's Fish House in Mission Valley(4 miles away from PB), and Brigantine in Point Loma(4 miles from PB) are good places, there is also a seafood retaurant in PB, but I have forgotten the name, maybe someone will mention it or I will remember it soon.

Ojai, California
Level Contributor
240 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend a family seafood restaurant?

"The Fishery" is probably the Pacific Beach restaurant you are trying to remember. I have not eaten there but have read good things.

San Diego, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend a family seafood restaurant?

Nick's is in PB - i think that is the one

Casa Guadalajara in Old Town

San Diego,Ca.
Level Contributor
6,960 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone recommend a family seafood restaurant?

Yes, the Fishery. :o)

Old Town has at least 7-8 mexican places and I am drawing a blank(again) on some of the popular ones, but some of them are on the main drag(San Diego Ave.) and some of them are in the dirt area where the wooden-structure shops and Bazzar area is.

Both my parents were born and raised in Montana. :o)

www.yelp.com/sandiego has many in-depth reviews for restaurants, atrractions, hotels, and shopping in SD. Just enter the name of the establishment in the searchbox to read reviews.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone recommend a family seafood restaurant?

I would not consider the Fishery as "fun, family-friendly." It's rather expensive, but quite good. But not a fun type place...but then again, I don't recall any fun seafood place. Point Loma seafood in a nice place to sit and eat...could be fun I suppose.

Old Town, I agree with the other rec.

Welcome to PB!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anyone recommend a family seafood restaurant?

Oh, my other choices would be Nick's or World Famous.

San Diego
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can anyone recommend a family seafood restaurant?

Casa Guadalajara in Old Town and Point Loma Seafood

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,188 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can anyone recommend a family seafood restaurant?

I really enjoy The Fishery but I agree it is not a "fun" restaurant. It is known for the quality of the food.

I think sitting outside at Point Loma Seafood and watching the boats could be fun.

IF you are looking for a place with kiddy entertainment then I cannot think of one.

Bozeman, MT
Level Contributor
512 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can anyone recommend a family seafood restaurant?

Thank you for those suggestions! Now I will check those out. I probably won't look into the Fishery. I would if it was just my husband and I, but don't want to spend too much money for the dinner with my kids who won't eat much anyways. ;)

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,622 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can anyone recommend a family seafood restaurant?

We dined at the Fishery, while in Pacific Beach last Nov. The service was friendly and very helpful. We didn't find it expensive and there were many families there. Kids were looking at the lobster tanks. Do your kids like fish and chips?