We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stroller stolen at Sea World

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Payson, UT
3 posts
Save Topic
Stroller stolen at Sea World

My family is visiting San Diego from out of town. We decided to rent all of our baby needs (stroller included) and decided to go to Sea World. We didn't get to Sea World until 12:30 but were excited because the Shamu Believe show started at 1. My husband parked our rented BOB stroller and removed my wallet and camera but didn't know I had a cell phone and other misc. things in there. When we got out of the show our stroller was gone. We didn't panic at first because occasionally the staff will move them if they think they are in the way. We searched around and ended up back where we had parked the stroller to find a rented Sea World stroller had never been claimed after the show.

I am sick about this because it is a very expensive stroller and we feel that Sea World should help to pay for the expense of replacing the stroller.

Wanted to see if anyone else out there has experienced this before???

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,348 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stroller stolen at Sea World

Sorry that this happened but I don't agree that Sea World should help pay for it. Why do you feel that they should?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stroller stolen at Sea World

I don't think sea world should help pay for the cost of the stroller but I would file something with them saying that the stroller was taken and describe in depth. Have you called your cell phone?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,188 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stroller stolen at Sea World

Your Homeowner's insurance may cover things stolen from you. I know that some cover you for things taken from your car. I am pretty sure that there is a waiver somewhere when you park your car or leave a stroller that you "do so at your own risk".

Sorry it happened.

Mountain View...
Level Contributor
70 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stroller stolen at Sea World

I take it you have actually contacted Sea World? as there was an unclaimed Sea World stroller left, it might be possible that someone just made a mistake and returned yours at the end of the day.

Most people who are inside Theme Parks don't go there to commit a crime. However, even if someone did steal it on purpose I don't see why Sea World should have to pay.

Mountain View...
Level Contributor
70 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stroller stolen at Sea World

I take it you have actually contacted Sea World? as there was an unclaimed Sea World stroller left, it might be possible that someone just made a mistake and returned yours at the end of the day.

Most people who are inside Theme Parks don't go there to commit a crime. However, even if someone did steal it on purpose I don't see why Sea World should have to pay.

Payson, UT
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stroller stolen at Sea World

I guess I feel that there are a couple of easy and cheap ways that this could have been avoided. First of all, keeping your stroller with you at all times is not an option if you want to see any of the shows. Second, They do have people working at the exits and should be able to stop people who are exiting that have strollers that match the description of the missing stroller. Third, this person ditched their rented stroller and left with ours. They take your drivers license # and personal info when you rent one of their strollers. They should be able to figure out who did not return their stroller.

Payson, UT
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Stroller stolen at Sea World

Called my cell phone immediately with high hopes that it was an honest mistake. They didn't answer and eventually turned my phone off. That is when we realized it was stolen.

z-dmom
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Stroller stolen at Sea World

I own/owned a BOB duallie stroller & had it stolen from me at Sea World today. It was horrible. All of my babies items were inside of the stroller (bottles, extra clothes, diapers, wipes...etc....etc).

After I filed a report, I was informed by security these strollers have been targeted recently. In talking to the workers at the exit they informed me my stroller is the 7th BOB that has been stolen from their premisis within the last 2 months.

I am furious about this because I feel like if they know this particular stroller is being targeted then when you enter they should make you aware of the situation & leave it to your discretion to go into the shows and leave it unattended. I understand they have a policy of "at your own risk" although, it would have been helpful to be aware this isn't the family friendly environment that I expected.

Scottsdale
Level Contributor
167 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stroller stolen at Sea World

At some point you have to be responsible for your own belongings. Sea World is not responsible for you leaving your stroller parked outside the show unattended and unsecured. I know you cannot take the stroller inside with you but there are options for securing it. I parked my car at the ballpark and went to watch the game, I left the car unlocked. I came back and it was stolen. I feel the Padres should pay to replace my car.

z-dmom
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Stroller stolen at Sea World

I'm not asking Sea World to be responsible, but I am saying if they are aware this particular stroller has been targeted within the last couple of months then they should be letting the guests who enter know this. If not verbally than at least a sign!

They were completely aware that this stroller has been targeted & after filing the report I was informed this was the 7th stroller just like mine that had been stolen this month. RIDICULOUS!!!!! If I had been aware I would have never went into the show & left my stroller unattended. People who would steal from children like this are disgusting.