We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego Sheraton Harbor Marina

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
55 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
San Diego Sheraton Harbor Marina

I'll be staying at this hotel for 8 days in early July. I'll be in town for a conference, we will have a car, but I'm wondering is there anything within walking distance on the Island? Are there particular restaurants you might recommend?

San Diego,Ca.
Level Contributor
6,960 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Diego Sheraton Harbor Marina

C Level Lounge/Island Prime is two restaurants that are housed in the same building, they are on the south tip of the island and are a 3/4 mile away from the hotel. C Level is the more casual/less expemsive side and IP is the more formal side. C level has outdoor seating with great views.

Brigantine in Point Loma is a good old school style seafood place that is casual with good happy hour food and is 1.5-2 miles from the Sheratom Marina.

The Island has a long 1 1/2 mile jogging/bike/walking path and all of it has beautiful views.

There is a small Hilton hotel on the Island, a few restaurants, a few sandwich deli's near the Marina loading docks and that's about all that is on Harbor Island.

Downtown is only 2-3 miles away from Harbor Island

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: San Diego Sheraton Harbor Marina

also thinking of staying here. Does anyone know if i use a third party such as Expedia to make a booking what is included on the club floor. it states 'breakfast not included' but then mentions access to the the club lounge and morning & evening light refrehments. does this mean that we will get the complimentary continental breakfast

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Diego Sheraton Harbor Marina

I would call them or email them to ask...I mean the local tele number in San Diego not the 800 world number for Sheraton or Expedia. I booked my room in Nov on Priceline for $85US a night inc, tax but no club floor. But at that price I can eat where I want.

Alberta
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Diego Sheraton Harbor Marina

We stayed at the Sheraton Marina in April and thought it was great. San Diego has so many choices for restaurants, it is hard to choose. Not far from the Sheraton on Harbor Island is The Boathouse. It gets mixed reviews but on Wednesday night they have Maine Lobster for $11.95! It was a great deal. Downtown is easily accessible with a car. We enjoyed the Fish Market very much, Anthony's not so much. Between the two towers is a small deli called Papanani's. We often had breakfast here. Very reasonable and fast. Have a great trip.

Coronado, California
Level Contributor
78 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Diego Sheraton Harbor Marina

We used to keep our boat at the Sheraton Marina, so we got to know the area very well. Harbor Island is nice for walking/running, but not known for its cuisine. You can drive a few minutes west to Point Loma for some good restaurants, like the Brigantine or the more casual right on the water Point Loma Seafoods. If you drive east into SD, go to Little Italy (about 3 minutes away) for lots of great restaurants, including the inexpensive well-known Filippi's, for pizza and pasta. You'll love the atmosphere there. And then there's the Gaslamp area with lots of good food and nightlife.

6. Re: San Diego Sheraton Harbor Marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2009, 08:19