We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get a cheap flight from east coast to west coast?

NC
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to get a cheap flight from east coast to west coast?

My kids want to go to Legoland. we live on the east coast and don't know how to use price line or the other sites like that. Trying to see if we can even afford to go. need some advice on discount tickets to legoland and see world. thanks

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,266 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get a cheap flight from east coast to west coast?

I don't know what airfare deals will be on during the dates you'd like to travel or from your local airport.

There have been some great sales already this year sooo who knows when the next bunch will occur?

You can follow this site which lists deals for both airlines and hotels.

airfare.travelzoo.com/north-american-airfare/

I wouldn't use Priceline for a family to travel using their choose your own price option , as you may get some terrible flight itineraries and with kiddos I wouldn't deal with that!!

For discount tickets to Legoland and/or Sea World you can look in various places including:

www.costco.com search for San Diego or Travel discounts

www.mousesavers.com

NC
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get a cheap flight from east coast to west coast?

HI,

Thanks for the helpful info. We have 11 yr old twins that are really into legos. aRe they too old for legoland? We are trying to go around the end of June.

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get a cheap flight from east coast to west coast?

Frankly 11yo is borderline. Their key market is the 5-10yo group. Toddlers will think it's fun too, but when my son was about 10, Legoland went from "cool" to "lame". That's just a guideline, bottom line, it will depend on your sons.

N California
Level Contributor
506 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get a cheap flight from east coast to west coast?

A couple of the cheaper flight options thay may not show up on the standard flight sites would be Southwest and Jet Blue. You may have to check their websites directly, though you may not have a nearby airport served by them. June tends to be more expensive airfares, though.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,724 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get a cheap flight from east coast to west coast?

Airtran.com flies CLT to San Diego and CLT to LAX.

6. Re: How to get a cheap flight from east coast to west coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2010, 05:17